OK, so we just have the E92 325i Auto coupe in our household at present. I work a lot from home and my wife usually takes the car unless I need it and drop her. From mid-Jan I will need to be in office 5 days a week so we need to purchase a second car...

Now the decisions...

1. Do I keep the E92 and purchase my wife a second car?
2. Do I let her keep the E92 and I purchase a second car?
3. Do we both get something different? (Hard choice as the E92 is 100% owned and owes us nothing really)

Other considerations:

- My wife will drive less than 150kms per week
- My wife only drives Automatic
- I will drive around 500kms per week
- My wife had back surgery in recent years so something more comfortable would be nice for her, although she does not complain and loves the car...
- Whatever the 2nd car is, it should not be a coupe, extra doors would be nice.
- My daughter is talking about doing her theory test and starting to drive...(If it ever happens!!! Probably not really a consideration...)

Budget

Well...say around €10k...however it may be possible to supplement that with a car loan if needed depending on the decision being made...

Make/Model

Well I would like to stay with BMW...however I would not be that keen on the E60 of all models, just not my cup of tea (however maybe that could change?).

An option (else an F10 for me? :hehe!:

1 series: http://www.rbmotorcompany.com/viewanad.php?ad_id=1145589&r=

What would be the "best value for my euro" at present? Considering age, mileage, depreciation, ongoing maintenance, comfort (getting old...:tounge, etc...

Thoughts/advice?