Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki swift sport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suzuki swift sport

Hi lads,missus is looking at changing her car and has an 08 swift sport 1.6. Car is red with fsh,second owner. 104k kms on the clock. Tax is 390 per year and cheap insurance. Cracking motor. What do people think it's worth? Also is it something anybody would be looking for? Cheers lads!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Suzuki swift sport

When is a for sale ad not a for sale ad?

Re: Suzuki swift sport

Hes well entitled to post an ad here since 2013 if it were an ad

Check donedeal charlie to get a solid idea on prices

Realise it sounded like a for sale ad, not my intention so my apologies. I'm just wondering as considering trading it against another car and wondering what I should pitch it at so it will sell without giving it away. Anyone had any dealings with Deerpark motors mount merrion?

BMWHaus Guru

Suzuki swift sport

Based on Dd I think a trade in value of €5,500 would be ok. Deerpark are ok - only ok. My 330 was there before I bought it but it needed a few bits to be done to prep it for sale and make it look right which they didn't want to do.. I ended up buying the car as a trade sale and did the work myself.

Similarly, I looked at an e92 m3 there before I bought mine. It was a nice car but looked a bit tired and there was a story behind it. I ended up buying my one from Beshoffs instead.

BMWHaus Guru

Suzuki swift sport

I got a car through Deerpark at trade before and they were very decent. The owner is a friend of a friend. Saying that I would always look any car over with any dealer.

Regards,

Andy

So having spoken to Deerpark for the last week and chasing him because he doesn't ring when he says he would a few times, we agreed on a trade in value on the Suzuki this morning. I said I'd travel from cork City with a view to buying the car, using up a day of my holidays and a tank of fuel only for his secretary to ring when I'm 30 mins from him to say the car sold. To say I was raging is an understatement. Is it just me or is that very poor etiquette? He knew I was coming. Ended up buying a car in morrisons in cahir on the way home who stayed on for half an hour after they closed so we could see the car. Car was a grand cheaper,they gave an extra grand trade in allowance and full two year approved warranty etc. needless to say I won't ever buy anything off Deerpark. Looking online this seems to be a regular occurrence. Rant over but the missus is delighted in the end so happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankcharlie
    So having spoken to Deerpark for the last week and chasing him because he doesn't ring when he says he would a few times, we agreed on a trade in value on the Suzuki this morning. I said I'd travel from cork City with a view to buying the car, using up a day of my holidays and a tank of fuel only for his secretary to ring when I'm 30 mins from him to say the car sold. To say I was raging is an understatement. Is it just me or is that very poor etiquette? He knew I was coming. Ended up buying a car in morrisons in cahir on the way home who stayed on for half an hour after they closed so we could see the car. Car was a grand cheaper,they gave an extra grand trade in allowance and full two year approved warranty etc. needless to say I won't ever buy anything off Deerpark. Looking online this seems to be a regular occurrence. Rant over but the missus is delighted in the end so happy days!
    From my experience of deer park motors you had a lucky escape count your blessings

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Bold
    From my experience of deer park motors you had a lucky escape count your blessings
    I had the exact same experience with them a few years ago - literally sold the intended car out from under my arse while going to get them a deposit

BMWHaus Guru

Suzuki swift sport

That's a pain, and entirely avoidable if they'd handled the situation differently. Glad to hear she got sorted though.
    Just out of interest, what did she buy?