Thread: Wind turbine collapse tyrone

Wind turbine collapse tyrone

Watch "Fintona, County Tyrone: 80-metre wind turbine col…" on YouTube
    Fintona, County Tyrone: 80-metre wind turbine col…: http://youtu.be/A6ojMFTKFA8

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Wind turbine collapse tyrone

Thats very unusual to be honest. There are 300+ windmills within a 10 mile radius of my house and never been an issue with any of them and i cant understand the protesters gripe with them.

what ive seen from one collapsing in Donegal a few years back was down to Human error but this seems to be a malfunction of sorts which I'm amazed wasnt spotted by computer or reported by the public.

It is rare but these are huge beasts to come crashing down iv watched a few videos of them collapsing across the world and funnily enough some of them came down the same way as described above very low winds brake failure and it spinning out of control even in low winds

Is this the one in donegal that came down
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/safety-concerns-after-wind-turbine-snaps-and-falls-during-storm-29151242.html

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Thats very unusual to be honest. There are 300+ windmills within a 10 mile radius of my house and never been an issue with any of them and i cant understand the protesters gripe with them.

what ive seen from one collapsing in Donegal a few years back was down to Human error but this seems to be a malfunction of sorts which I'm amazed wasnt spotted by computer or reported by the public.
    I have loads of them around our place as well. No issue only they spoil the view!

Re: RE: Wind turbine collapse tyrone

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod

I have loads of them around our place as well. No issue only they spoil the view!
    These are not like m54 cooling systems you wont see one fail every day of the week but when they do fail its spectacular the earth will shake and you will hear it for miles