Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stance Works E28 M5 article

BMWHaus Guru

Stance Works E28 M5 article

This is a very good article about my all time favourite car, some great photos of BMW Classic's Zinnober Red demo car. Enjoy.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/06/defining-our-favorites-the-e28-m5-through-the-winding-hills-of-tuscany-italy/

RE: Stance Works E28 M5 article

I used to own an E28, great cars. Sorry I ever sold it.

I couldn't see myself writing a wistful romantic article about it though. :smiling:

But sure when a lad is in love....

Thanks for the link.

BMWHaus Guru

Have had all shape 5's up to E60/61 but still have not had an E28 and would really like one. Especially the nice red one in the article. Nearly had my Dad talked into a Lux Shadowline Dolphin grey car years ago, not an M5 though. Like Bayerische I much prefer the non kitted M5.

We need more E28 threads

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Scout

I couldn't see myself writing a wistful romantic article about it though. :smiling:

Thanks for the link.
    I agree, not sure I could get all emotional about a 525e, but that red E28 M5 in the article would get me all misty eyed!!

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Have had all shape 5's up to E60/61 but still have not had an E28 and would really like one. Especially the nice red one in the article. Nearly had my Dad talked into a Lux Shadowline Dolphin grey car years ago, not an M5 though. Like Bayerische I much prefer the non kitted M5.

We need more E28 threads

Regards,

Andy
    You definitely need to tick the E28 box Andy, but at the rate you turn over cars I don't think you have much to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scout

Thanks for the link.
    I agree, not sure I could get all emotional about a 525e, but that red E28 M5 in the article would get me all misty eyed!!
    Fair enough! :smiling:

And I do miss my old 520i Lux! :crying:

I did put a lot of work into it and it was my first BMW as well.

87 TS 2409 Midnight blue.

The article is very well written to be fair and I reckon all of us BMW heads would jump at the chance of driving an E28 M5 through twisty mountain roads in Italy, or Wicklow!! :smiling:

BMWHaus Contributor

That's a great article about a great car!!! I'm sure most here would love to own 1 or even a spin across the Wicklow gap in 1 would do me!!!

BMWHaus Guru

Handy for your mountain run.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Andy

Handy for your mountain run.

Regards,

Andy
    I love it!! What a great shot, I have never seen a photo of an E28 M5 ring taxi. The icing on the cake is having Lauda beside it.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Im in the process of building an e28 i was going to go s50 but decided to go v8 instead. The car is in the process of getting stripped and repainted, I was hoping to have it finished by now but havent had the chance over the last few months to do anything to it as I have been working everyday since august weekend included. Next few months dont look any better but will manage somehow to get her finished.