Thread: Butyl tape

Butyl tape

Cars been filling with condensation on the rear window and doors since its been parked up for two months i want to do the vapour seals on it anyone know were i can get this black butyl tape or how much bmw charge for it

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Butyl tape

Hey Gar
    I have had a similar issue twice. I got some 3m tape in Finglas trying to keep factory and all that. Sadly the problem returned it had started to lift in one door. I went to woodies and got a mastic that doesnt fully go off. I glued on both membranes again with the stuff and so far so good.

Cheers john

BMWHaus Guru

Wurth is where I got my Butyl chord a while back.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

If that's the sticky stuff between the door structure and foam.sheet try Google tacky tape we use it to seal up vacuum bags.fairly cheap should be a lot less than a tenner a roll and will work a treat. If it's what your looking for and need some let us know and I will find out where we get our stuff from.

Cheers gents i ended up just ordering an 8m roll of it
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CQNC8ZY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1421806865&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41UDFlHGvkL&ref=plS rch