Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

Garda now actively siezing cars with welded diffs!

Source

Administrator

RE: Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

Sure thats just Healy with a Garda fleece on!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Sure thats just Healy with a Garda fleece on!
    fitting welded diff in Barts mini :hehe!:

Have to laugh at the bellends on FB, 'Go catch real criminals' 'Cars with welded diffs are minded better than 90% of normal cars'

There's 1 reason you weld a diff, To do buns and rings lawd.
    Perfectly fine on private land but not acceptable IMHO on the road.

Give it another few months and we'll get the annual freshly welded shitheaps on DoneDeal for the rally of the lakes or Donegal rally.

BMWHaus Guru

There's a few welders on here. Wonder what they think of this?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Just red through the whole thread again, doesnt really matter what they think does it? Theyre just being ridiculed for voicing their opinion?

And before I get lynched, im NOT having a go at anybody here. But honestly, some people are speaking from obvious personal experience, and some, well, aren't.

Or am I just talking through my hole?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    Just red through the whole thread again, doesnt really matter what they think does it? Theyre just being ridiculed for voicing their opinion?

And before I get lynched, im NOT having a go at anybody here. But honestly, some people are speaking from obvious personal experience, and some, well, aren't.

Nope I'd say you may be on the money which before it turned into a walk over I had to ask the question.

I think the difference is that people against may consider that the people for couldn't give a fuck and drive on the roads which may not be the case 100% of the time.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    I've never welded my diffs ive always had lsds but I've had and driven a serious amount of cars not to mention been in many daily drivers with welders, my argument stems from little knowledge and more heressay about something not understood..yes they are dangerous but they don't have to be, a driver will kill you quicker than the car..it's why I love forums, good discussions and in this case it's an agree to disagree on both sides
    Jay to be fair you were all questions yourself a little under 2 years ago when you wanted a diff off me to weld. As I was equally about the LSD.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs

Nope I'd say you may be on the money which before it turned into a walk over I had to ask the question.

I think the difference is that people against may consider that the people for couldn't give a f*** and drive on the roads which may not be the case 100% of the time.
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    I've never welded my diffs ive always had lsds but I've had and driven a serious amount of cars not to mention been in many daily drivers with welders, my argument stems from little knowledge and more heressay about something not understood..yes they are dangerous but they don't have to be, a driver will kill you quicker than the car..it's why I love forums, good discussions and in this case it's an agree to disagree on both sides
    Jay to be fair you were all questions yourself a little under 2 years ago when you wanted a diff off me to weld. As I was equally about the LSD.

The only questions I had were was I been stupid to put one in as bmw lsds are shit for I wanted it for on them cold and wet nights but like the majority of us you guns who buy bmws are only looking for the rwd aspect, we grow enough to know there stupid and dangerous and actually start to respect our cars

It's the limited cornering abilities that I fear post weld. It'll always stir debate, but it's interesting to see the Gardai stepping in and actively pursuing such cars. I am not up on this exact case, but I'd hazard a guess that the owner was pulled in for something completely different and he/she gave the Gardai reason to go to town on checking the car over.

Re: Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

A lot of very intelligent individuals commenting on the facebook page fucking idiots

https://m.facebook.com/angardasiochana/photos/a.10152771969758001.1073742252.167613868000/10152771969823001/?type=1&source=46&refid=17