Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

never broke the law in any car

BMWHaus Guru

Welded diff brigade finally caught up with

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    prob try to explain the physics of what happened to the ditch they just crawled out of
    Evidently there would be little point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve320
    never broke the law in any car
    tell that to your granny

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    To many goody 2 shoes here for that Dave prob try to explain the physics of what happened to the ditch they just crawled out of
    Why are people goody two shoes? Because they take their cars seriously or maybe because they don't spend their evenings going around in circles hoping to become the next king drift monkey?

I've been on track days and loads of mountain runs with many of the members on this forum, I've seen people in lesser machines keeping up with some serious metal all down to good skill behind the wheel, I'd insist to anyone to bring their welded diff and some physics to see if they can do the same.

Oh and none of those people are afraid to shred a bit of tyre here and there, they just choose to do it while keeping a fast pace around some tricky bends and not to see how many circles can be done at a crossroads.

BMWHaus Guru

In terms of fairness you can learn to control a car with a welder the same is also true of controling a car going fast around a bend. But I dont think anyone is born with either talent, you have to take that risk that few first times to gain experience though. I assume you mean fast bends on a track though? Just to repeat I dont condone welders on the road. Whats really bugging me is this can't be a debate without turning to a slagging match. Poor form.

BMWHaus Guru

Welded diffs are for pikeys thread closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    In terms of fairness you can learn to control a car with a welder the same is also true of controling a car going fast around a bend. But I dont think anyone is born with either talent, you have to take that risk that few first times to gain experience though. I assume you mean fast bends on a track though? Just to repeat I dont condone welders on the road. Whats really bugging me is this can't be a debate without turning to a slagging match. Poor form.
    But you can't make a statement about control when you never drove a car with a locked axle. Not having a dig at you dave, lots of people here are giving opinions for and against without any experience.

And to answer your question I've gone through a set of tires in a single night, blackened junctions , drifted around bends at 70+mph (you were in the car) , been to mondello, gone for mountain runs. I drive the living Shit out of the car.

But after having all the options I'm still of the opinion the welded is not a good option. Apart from the fact I've seen trailing arms ripped out from them.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dean-e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    But you can't make a statement about control when you never drove a car with a locked axle. Not having a dig at you dave, lots of people here are giving opinions for and against without any experience.

And to answer your question I've gone through a set of tires in a single night, blackened junctions , drifted around bends at 70+mph (you were in the car) , been to mondello, gone for mountain runs. I drive the living s*** out of the car.

But after having all the options I'm still of the opinion the welded is not a good option. Apart from the fact I've seen trailing arms ripped out from them.
    As Gar said earlier dont need experience to have an opinion but I take your point. Must call in for the tay some eve next week if your about? Sure Jamie ripped the arms out of one of his old ones. Did the wing on the last one too lol

BMWHaus Contributor

Do lad ! Was trying to ring last week see if you were around . To recap

BMWHaus Guru

Any welders on this ?

Copy of Saturday Morning Diffin Molls Gap 2014: http://youtu.be/1MUNJ78dUBM