Thread: Turbo 318?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Turbo 318?

Currently have 318is e36 coupe love the car to bits but I want more than the 318. Seen loads of turbo kits on for sale was wondering are these any good or am I just going to ruin my m44 by putting in a turbo.? or would I be better off with an engine swap.?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Turbo 318?

Engine swap, do a turbo conversion rite and not a shit ebay job looking at thousands, there an m50 for sale below easy access to bear 200hp, sort your diff and you won't need more

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    Engine swap, do a turbo conversion rite and not a s*** ebay job looking at thousands, there an m50 for sale below easy access to bear 200hp, sort your diff and you won't need more
    Was thinking the same man always hear bad story's of eBay turbos.! Will I need complete rear to go with the engine swap.?

BMWHaus Contributor

Don't need no but can be changed, you'd have a fully converted car into 325 spec with lsd and fitted for less than a G all in

BMWHaus Contributor

That's what I like to hear ha now just to find one fairly straight forward swap so.? All in a day's work.?

BMWHaus Contributor

From the mother site http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113801..good weekends work

BMWHaus Guru

Turbo is a tough job due to a lack of space between the steering knuckle and exhaust manifold. Engine swap yeah could do the job but issues with tax and test etc? You could have her super charged for under 2 grand. Kits and chargers available via the uk. It's the gkd or gdk kit can never remember the name. Then buy a charger off a mini. You'll need a better diff though as i've read they eat small case ones. Best of luck.