Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension opinions needed???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suspension opinions needed???

My e36 has JOM blueline coilovers fitted at the moment, but I'm suffering from some back trouble lately and and when driving on bad roads it has me in a bad way to say the least.

So it looks like im gona have to change my coilovers, but not putting back in the standard shocks and springs as the car sits way to high. So is there a softer kit out there that I could get or a decent aftermarket shock and spring setup.

Thanks
    Johny.

RE: Suspension opinions needed???

Eibach prokit is your best bet for comfort and a good ride height

Pic of it in mine

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Cheers Gar, is it an ebay job or are they available here???

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Jeez Gar, you beat me to it again!! :smiling:

I've been running an Eibach Pro Kit with the standard shock absorbers in my 320i Cabrio since 2009, lowered the car nicely, not too low, not slammed and drives perfectly.

Flies through every NCT.

Around €200 to buy and a quality product. You could spend any spare cash on uprated top mounts.

You can find them on ebay.de for about €125 there about 200 here as scout says above

BMWHaus Guru

Suspension opinions needed???

I dunno why people are so quick to blame Joms and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I live in the back of beyonds in Co. Galway and Joms are an improvement over stock suspension or stock with a lowering spring. Something else is to blame for your poor rear handling. What tyres do you have and what exactly is the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

The harsh ride is giving issues with his back, not the rear end of the car :hehe!:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    I dunno why people are so quick to blame Joms and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone. I live in the back of beyonds in Co. Galway and Joms are an improvement over stock suspension or stock with a lowering spring. Something else is to blame for your poor rear handling. What tyres do you have and what exactly is the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thats contrary to my experience, I drove a 530 with joms and the ride was shockingly bad down a bumpy road.

H&R comfort cup kit would be a good option.

The joms are not the cause of my back issues here. I have them in the car for the last 3 years and they were fine I would recomend them to anyone, I never said there was a problem with rear end handling either. I have nerve damage in my back since last summer, which was my own fault from lifting something on my own it work. So i need a softer more forgiving suspension.