Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E36 rubbing issue

BMWHaus Guru

E36 rubbing issue

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I recently put new shocks in the 328, along with a pro kit. I replaced the wishbones with meyle hd arms and bushes, Ive also put in m3 top mounts.

Im getting rubbing on the arch liner on both sides when im at about 70% lock. I originally thought it was rubbing on the inside of the wheel well so i got spacers to cure my problem to no avail. Its like the wheel itself is sitting off centre in the arch and causing rubbing while turning.

Any ideas or cures for this issue? Im running sunflowers with a standard profile.

Ill stick up a pic in an hour or so.

Cheers.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E36 rubbing issue

The car sitting lower than it was before? The top mounts pull the top of the wheel in closer to the chassis, could be the cause?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    The car sitting lower than it was before? The top mounts pull the top of the wheel in closer to the chassis, could be the cause?
    Yep idea was to give it negative camber, but i dont think thats the issue. Its actually sitting a good bit higher than it was while it was on the coilovers . Two mins and I'll get a pic up, might highlight the issue clearer

Was the car aligned after all of the suspension work?

BMWHaus Guru

Pic of the issue, actually don't know if it made it any clearer :hehe!:

[hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo
    Was the car aligned after all of the suspension work?
    Yep, got the sheet back when I collected the car, to be honest I didn't pay a massive amount of attention to the read out. May try locate it.

BMWHaus Contributor

When you were working at it you hardly dislodged/moved the plastic liners?

Have a similar issue rubbing on the front screw missing from the arch liner so it wasnt correctly in place

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    When you were working at it you hardly dislodged/moved the plastic liners?
    Yep took them off to underseal the arches during the summer. Was missing a screw which i thought was the culprit, but only on one side and replaced it today. All screws are tight and in place. Had them off a few times and didnt have this issue. Its an odd one.

BMWHaus Contributor

When putting wishbones on the bottom bush part, was that put on the correct angle ? Or did you change the inner bush ?

BMWHaus Contributor

That's what I was just going to say.i wonder is it a castor problem mabey after fitting the wishbone bushing wrong.