Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting new clocks to original Milage ???

Setting new clocks to original Milage ???

After gettin proper diesel clocks for the e46 as the one in it at the moment are petrol clocks for some reason. Just hope tis not clocked to death. But anyone in Munster able to do dis for me. Or how do I go about it without goin to the stealers.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Setting new clocks to original Milage ???

Is it not a case of opening them up and transfering certain internal bits. It's been a while haha. Also ecu may store mileage?

Ecu nd key hold Milage as far as I know nd possibly LCM but not sureNd can't open1 up and transfer certain bits across as there not the original clock unless the last owner did dis which I highly doubt.

BMWHaus Guru

Setting new clocks to original Milage ???

I'm sure you could ask a clocker to do it for you?
    Look for mileage correction adverts.

Have you a tamper dot on the petrol clock ?

If you do then you should be good the original mileage should be stored on the car

im fairly sure the milage on the petrol clocks wont be the same as the whats actually on the car

Just realised i wasn't too clear in my post above what i meant was its likely the original mileage is still on the car itself and not the clock so you can take the correct reading and have it set to the new clock

Out of curiosity have you ran a cartell check on the car

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Just realised i wasn't too clear in my post above what i meant was its likely the original mileage is still on the car itself and not the clock so you can take the correct reading and have it set to the new clock

Out of curiosity have you ran a cartell check on the car
    Ya I ran a Cartell check nd everything came back spot on nd even the last 3 nct certs match up. Looks like the last owner only covered bout 4k a year goin by the nct certs so hopefully I'm ok. Hopefully who every changed the clocks put in a set that had lower Milage then the car had originally as I've have red that if dis is the case the Milage reverts to the original setting of the car. Nd yes have a tamper dot never heard anything bout these till someone spotted it from a photo. New to any cars b4 95 so learning a lot even tho a bit too late problely

Quote Originally Posted by s50-touring
    im fairly sure the milage on the petrol clocks wont be the same as the whats actually on the car
    Your quick

Quote Originally Posted by thetangerine
    Quote Originally Posted by s50-touring
    Your quick
    sorry?

you bought a car with petrol clocks, very low milage for a diesel and the tamper dot on just face it you got stung