Thread: Ready for test

BMWHaus Contributor

Ready for test

Servicing my e36 getting ready for test must get a few bits just want advice and input on what make/brand are best.. Need a coil pack also so which one should I go for.? Will I get new leads and plugs also as I'm doing the pack,? And will car pass on Coilovers, what ground clearance is needed.? And how bad must brake lines be to fail.? All advice and tips welcome e36 is a 318is..

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Ready for test

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    Servicing my e36 getting ready for test must get a few bits just want advice and input on what make/brand are best.. Need a coil pack also so which one should I go for.? Will I get new leads and plugs also as I'm doing the pack,? And will car pass on Coilovers, what ground clearance is needed.? And how bad must brake lines be to fail.? All advice and tips welcome e36 is a 318is..
    Can sell you a coil pack if you like?

Yes new plugs no need for new leads if the current one are working okay.

Go for NGK iridium plugs if possible.

Brake lines - depends on how bad they are and the tester on the day, if they are bad enough then for safety reasons have them changed anyway. If a little surface rust is all then maybe give them a sand down and a blast of black paint.

Best of luck!:wink:

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Ready for test

Bad Brake lines is like driving with no seat belt, you can do it but if anything happens you'll feel it, as for coilovers it must be 4 inches off the ground underneath but don't go into the test like a dope slammed on its pipe you'll be fine