Thread: Eibach ProKit Vs SportLine kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eibach ProKit Vs SportLine kit

Looking for people's opinions on the above lowering springs...

I previously had the Eibach ProKit in my last e60 520d, was very impressed and also maintained the cars comfort.

I'm wondering what people thing of Eibachs SportLine Kit? I know they lower the car some more than the ProKit, but does it maintain the same comfort as I would have experienced with their alternative?

All opinions/thoughts appreciated,

Sean

Re: Eibach ProKit Vs SportLine kit

Been reading around a good bit on both of these not to mention a heap of others as far as comfort goes eibach is top dog at keeping it while adjusting the height and while the sportline may lose a fraction over the prokit its still going to be the best of the bunch for that specific height imo

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Eibach ProKit Vs SportLine kit

It depends weither your car is an Se or Msport.
    For an SE the prokit is perfect as the SE will drop more on springs as the suspension is softer, It will give a nice drop and more comfort than standard springs.

For an Msport I would go for sportline as the prokit will not drop an msport enough in my opinion.
    The sportline is not as comfortable as the prokit but will give a nicer drop and retain the same comfort as the standard Mport springs, But if you go for the prokit the ride will be MORE comfortable than the standard springs.

Either way the ride comfort will not be any worse, thats what I have found from running both kits on different cars.

It just depends what your priority is I suppose.

BMWHaus Guru

Pro Kit drop is perfectly fine tbh, as low as I'd want on my E46 anyway. I'd say it wouldn't be practical to run sport line springs for everyday driving, getting in and out of multi storey car parks wouldn't be fun I'd imagine.

The ride comfort won't necessarily be better...I prefer the ride quality of the 318ti on M Sport springs to the Pro Kit on the 325i tbh.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    Pro Kit drop is perfectly fine tbh, as low as I'd want on my E46 anyway. I'd say it wouldn't be practical to run sport line springs for everyday driving, getting in and out of multi storey car parks wouldn't be fun I'd imagine.

The ride comfort won't necessarily be better...I prefer the ride quality of the 318ti on M Sport springs to the Pro Kit on the 325i tbh.
    I running a sportline kit on the e91 and have no issues with multistory parking, speed bumps, jacking, lifts etc and thats even with the carbon splitters.

Obviously every car is different though.

BMWHaus Guru

Yeah, it definitely varies car to car I think..I remember someone putting a pro kit on their 4 cylinder E46 coupe and not being happy with the drop. What car is the OP talking about?

Eibach ProKit Vs SportLine kit

@frosty
    On mv2s the prokit

On spyders the sportline kit

Id go sportline running my e46 on it and its perfect!

Think I'll chance the SportLine as I've previously had the ProKit.

Appreciate all the feedback, cheers!