Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Software update

Where's the best place to get a software update on the 335i? ( is it main dealer?)
    See if it needs to be done to smooth the gear change.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Software update

Go to Germaniks.com
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Definitely recommend it for all modules! Box is smoother, reduction in waste-gate rattle, brakes feel sharper, I-Drive quicker. Mick in Germaniks can help and he's based in Lucan if that's handy for you? Main dealer also, but costs a lot more.

BMWHaus Guru

Brakes feel sharper?? how does a software update affect brakes unless it changes characteristics of abs?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Brakes feel sharper?? how does a software update affect brakes unless it changes characteristics of abs?
    I have no idea, and I discussed it with Mick afterwards and he looked puzzled, but my brakes definitely felt like there was more bite. I assumed there is some module linked to braking in the car somewhere!! Brakes were fine beforehand, but I noticed a difference after and don't think it was all in my head! Weird one I know....but......

BMWHaus Contributor

Did your update include the revised map that lowers the boost(as bmw advised on the 335i)
    I'm just looking for gearbox update, I'll ring germaniks later on.
    Did you also try the reset before the update? Resets the gearbox learning mode back to factory

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DreamcarAl
    Did your update include the revised map that lowers the boost(as bmw advised on the 335i)
    I'm just looking for gearbox update, I'll ring germaniks later on.
    Did you also try the reset before the update? Resets the gearbox learning mode back to factory
    Lower boost? I don't think that's an upgrade I'd like to get

BMWHaus Contributor

Me neither, apparently to prolong the engine and turbos, they called it a software upgrade and didn't tell the owners that the boost was lowered.

BMWHaus Contributor

Did the reset and it genuinely makes a difference, better on take off at the lights, slightly more responsive, and a better kickdown, noticeable when slowing down for speed bumps and accelerating away. Apparently this will only last a few weeks before the leaning software takes over again.

BMWHaus Guru

I checked the print-out of the update but can't find anything on it about boost pressure.