Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Ireland rip off pricing!!

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Ireland rip off pricing!!

I am in the middle of an E28 restoration at the moment.

I am only using OE parts for the car as it is being restored to 100% factory original condition. I am trying to get as many OEM parts from the likes of ECP and C3 BMW to cut costs and avoid BMW main dealer margins.

Some parts are only available through BMW main dealers and cannot be got elsewhere.

I am working on mainland Europe at the moment so it suited me to order the parts for the car here. Today I ordered a full OE exhaust for the car including all brackets and hangers etc. from a BMW main dealer here in Europe. Last week Frank Keane BMW quoted me €1350 incl VAT and 10% discount for everything.

Today, I paid just shy of €1000 for the exact same parts with the same discount and a similar VAT rate from a BMW main dealer here. I ordered some trim and suspension parts also and the price difference was similar. I couldn't believe the difference in price.

I am done with BMW Ireland rip off pricing. The only way that I can reconcile that much of a price difference is if BMW Ireland are buying the parts off BMW GB and paying in sterling.

It seems rip off Ireland is alive and well.

RE: BMW Ireland rip off pricing!!

Its even more shocking again if you go from europe to america the americans pay at least half price on all dealer parts we could really do with an ecs tuning depot in europe

Having siad that the lads at keanes do the best they can for us with what they are given

BMWHaus Guru

Very good thread on driver about the difference between oem and oe

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    I see what you are hinting at......

BMWHaus Guru

Try this site for OEM BMW parts at significant savings. €17 delivery so orders need to be big ones to make the savings count.

http://www.carparts-pros.com
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Re: RE: BMW Ireland rip off pricing!!

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Try this site for OEM BMW parts at significant savings. €17 delivery so orders need to be big ones to make the savings count.

Mark firstly i despise you for keeping that hidden so long

Secondly wow what a find i just checked one or two things and they match u.s prices excellent find

For example the sport arch liners €45 instead of €90

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter

Many thanks for the link.

BMWHaus Contributor

What ive found is that if you check the prices on realoem you consider the US dollar price to be euro and then add the VAT. whats that 40% more expensive?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    I see what you are hinting at......
    The link I was referring to http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111865

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    The only way that I can reconcile that much of a price difference is if BMW Ireland are buying the parts off BMW GB and paying in sterling.
    Thats exactly how it works. Its not feasible to FX every transaction, so a forward rate is entered into for the year - it can make stuff look totally out of whack price wise if the rates shift.

I'd be ordering genuine parts from BMW Classic directly though - its what I did for the M30 build. Free shipping on orders over EUR50.