Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mulf unit e60

Mulf unit e60

My mulf is faulty on an e60 07 model. Has anyone ever repaired one or is it a case of replacement?

If it is replacement does anyone know of any about?

Ta

Alan

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Mulf unit e60

Not sure if repairing them is much of an option but I bought a second hand MULF BT Module from this place:

Autohaus Dublin
    Auto Parts Store
    Address: Avonbeg Industrial Estate, Long Mile Road, Dublin 12
    Phone01) 405 0040
    Hours: Open today · 9:00-6:00 p.m.

They will have all sorts of stuff, but be sure to have your own one to hand so you can be sure it's the right pt no. and shape!!

I have sourced a mulf2 unit. Will this work with my 2007 e60 or is it a mulf1 I need? Will any mulf 2 unit work if it's a mulf2 unit needed? I know they need to be coded but don't want to buy a unit on the chance it won't work.

Cheers Alan

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Mulf unit e60

They can be physically different sizes. I got a mulf2 unit first off but it was completely different size and wouldn't fit in the space. Changed it for what I think is mulf1 and it's perfect. Not sure if functionality would differ! Connections looked identical just the physical size was way off.

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Contributor

The mulf2 is an enhance unit. It allows for 6FL connection (usb and iPod integration). I don't it on my previous E60 when the original MULF shat itself. There's a bit of wiring involved to get the usb working etc

So it's worth the hassle to do it Keith. Will I definetly be able to get it wired up? Need to get the car kit working again.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Junkie
    So it's worth the hassle to do it Keith. Will I definetly be able to get it wired up? Need to get the car kit working again.
    Yes I thought it was. It allowed me to just plug in my USB stick and control all the music through the iDrive. Ken in M&G arranged mine but I'm sure it could be done outside of th dealer network too.

The option is caled 6FL.

Where is the mulf unit located in the boot?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Junkie
    Where is the mulf unit located in the boot?
    It's either in the left hand side behind the removable cover or else under the spare wheel. Most likely on the left. That's where mine was.

Cheers Keith, I got impatient and removed the left side to see if it would be located there and found it. It's a mulf2 aswel which I'm happier I will be replacing same with same. Just need to see how to fit the usb jobbie and then where I can get a cable for it and where to locate the port