Page 293 of 313 FirstFirst ... 43193243268283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3129

Thread: Random post thread

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mcung13 View Post
    I don't get what she means with "Don't you have enough already? Where are you gonna keep them all?".
    There is enough space for 2, maybe 3 more.
    One can never have enough!

BMWHaus Guru
    Did anyone notice the McManus lad from Limerick on Chasing Classics cars? S9 E5 he is on the Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance in his Ferrari 365 California.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Did anyone notice the McManus lad from Limerick on Chasing Classics cars? S9 E5 he is on the Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance in his Ferrari 365 California.
    Was watching that one day and asked my "what was the name of the chap you know in NYC with all the cars?" He came in to the room and who was on the screen? The chap dad knows.

Look up Peter Kalikow. Serious Ferrari collector. Ferrari has made him special edition 612. Incredible collection in the basement of his skyscraper.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Was watching that one day and asked my "what was the name of the chap you know in NYC with all the cars?" He came in to the room and who was on the screen? The chap dad knows.

Look up Peter Kalikow. Serious Ferrari collector. Ferrari has made him special edition 612. Incredible collection in the basement of his skyscraper.
    We have to go visit

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We have to go visit
    Last time I was there I didn't appreciate the collection. Would love to get back.

Had a 250 GTO. His navy Enzo just arrived. 355. F50 (the F40 was in Florida). Had to go through 3 different security check to get to the garage.

Disgusting wealth. But donated greatly to Crumlin hospital.

BMWHaus Guru
    I was thinking about taking the M6 off the road for a month. Long story, but there’s a good reason!

If I make an off the road declaration for 3 months (the minimum allowed) and then decide after month 1, (i.e. 1st day on months 2) to put the car back on the road will I get hit for the tax for month one?

Anyone done it?

The text on the website says minimum declaration is 3 months. It also says that you can cancel the declaration at any time by renewing your tax in your local motor tax office – the validity of the tax disc will commence from the first day of the month in which you tax the vehicle.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I was thinking about taking the M6 off the road for a month. Long story, but there’s a good reason!

If I make an off the road declaration for 3 months (the minimum allowed) and then decide after month 1, (i.e. 1st day on months 2) to put the car back on the road will I get hit for the tax for month one?

Anyone done it?

The text on the website says minimum declaration is 3 months. It also says that you can cancel the declaration at any time by renewing your tax in your local motor tax office – the validity of the tax disc will commence from the first day of the month in which you tax the vehicle.
    No, fire ahead. I’ve done it lots of times, especially if I think I’ll be travelling a lot.

So tomorrow declare off the from 1st Feb for any period up to a year (I generally do it for a year) Then on 1st March log into Motortax.ie and tax it again if you like and it’ll automatically cancel the OTR declaration

BMWHaus Guru
    Cheers John. Similar thought process, €150 better in my pocket than theirs.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 30-01-18 at 23:30.

BMWHaus Guru
    Great to see the forum post numbers picking up, feels busier these days!

Oh, more importantly....4 more days....v10 vroom!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Great to see the forum post numbers picking up, feels busier these days!

Oh, more importantly....4 more days....v10 vroom!
    Defo more activity, not just here but on all the forums. Guys buying more cars, guys getting cars out of storage. I suppose it goes with more economic activity. Certainly I am a lot more active this weather, and looking forward to spring and summer, do some detailing and get out driving. I am also seeing a lot more nice car out on the road, people buying a golf R rather than a normal golf etc. Glad to see it, after a decade of crap we all deserve a break.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.