Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e39 remote central locking issue

BMWHaus Contributor

e39 remote central locking issue

I went to my car today and unlocked it remotely with my fob as usual, 10 minutes later I left the car and pressed the lock button, to which nothing happened. I thought it was the key at first, but none of the buttons work either whether I'm inside or outside the car. I just happened to get two spare fobs with the car, which I new are working but still nothing I have to resort to locking the car with the key now which I just can't live with :P I have no real experience with this kind of problem. I can only presume a module somewhere has given up.
    Could anybody shed some light on this? I'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible
    Thanks for looking.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e39 remote central locking issue

Quote Originally Posted by kildangan_kid
    I went to my car today and unlocked it remotely with my fob as usual, 10 minutes later I left the car and pressed the lock button, to which nothing happened. I thought it was the key at first, but none of the buttons work either whether I'm inside or outside the car. I just happened to get two spare fobs with the car, which I new are working but still nothing I have to resort to locking the car with the key now which I just can't live with :P I have no real experience with this kind of problem. I can only presume a module somewhere has given up.
    Could anybody shed some light on this? I'd like to get it fixed as soon as possible
    Thanks for looking.
    have you checked fuses?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by kildangan_kid
    Thanks for looking.
    have you checked fuses?
    To be honest I haven't gone near it, was only starting work when it happened and I'm still here :P thanks for the reply I'll have a go at it tonight or tomorrow, I'll let ye know how I get on

BMWHaus Guru

It could be interference in the location where you locked the car. Try to lock/unlock in another location.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Try resetting the key. They need redoing occasionally

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    It could be interference in the location where you locked the car. Try to lock/unlock in another location.
    Tried it at home and at work, still nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D
    Try resetting the key. They need redoing occasionally
    Thought that myself but only got a brand new key last June. Two other fobs don't work either

I checked the fuse and it was fine. Put in a new one anyway still no difference..

Was it the fuse in the boot you checked

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Was it the fuse in the boot you checked
    Sure was

Does the button inside the car beside the hazard switch work

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Does the button inside the car beside the hazard switch work
    Ya it does. Car locks/unlocks fine with the key in the door. The receiver hardly just s**t itself?