Thread: Cleaning tyres

BMWHaus Guru

Cleaning tyres

Bit of an annoying issue i have...so when i'm washing the car i always use a wheel brush and some wheel cleaner to scrub the tyres then rinse with water...it gets rid of most of the dirt but im still always left with some residue!
    The only way of masking it is to use some tyre dressing but sure that fades after a few days and im left with a clean wheel but with dirty tyres! What do people use to clean their tyres??

RE: Cleaning tyres

I just use a wheel brush and dress them is well , what about one of them green and yellow scouring sponges with the rough green top on them

Administrator

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is very good. Water based too so its very safe for the tyres, and scrub them with a brush that has fairly stiff bristles, just be careful near the wheels.
    Also, with a good tyre dressing, you should be getting more than a few days of durability.

BMWHaus Guru

I've started to use Iron X on the tyres now too. You can definitely see it working. If you think about it the brake dust goes on the tyres too.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Administrator

I'll just drop this in here...hadnt time to search for it earlier!

750 miles after application!
    CarPro PERL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zP3tNbI-As

BMWHaus Contributor

Envy Detailing brush +*Orchard Care All Purpose Cleaner*
    Diluted 1:5 in a Measuring Glass with warm water does the job for me :wink:*
    Once tyres are dry I normally use Wax-Tec Cherry Dress or Meguiars Tyre Gel to protect them using a tyre dressing applicator and I will be fine for few weeks :smiling:

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks for your inputs guys, will need to invest in a few products so:happy:

BMWHaus Guru

Detailers look away now....

I used alloy wheel cleaner on tyres once, it took all the scum and oxidation off them.
    Spray agitate and rinse, did the job nicely!