Thread: Tired of seeing n47 on 520D models!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tired of seeing n47 on 520D models!

Hi Guys,

I viewed 4 cars this week incl. 520D MSport (2012) and standard 520Ds (2010, 2012) - was a bit surprised to see N47 in 2012 models; I thought they were discontinued post 2011;

Reading all that crap regarding N47 engines I dont want to end up with a N47 myself; wondering when did they stop N47s? Any ideas please?

And also I dont think I could stretch my budget for 131s!

Thanks in advance!

RE: Tired of seeing n47 on 520D models!

This is actually quite common its just a late registered car you should go by the build date on the strut under the bonnet instead of the reg

As for when it was phased out according to wiki it was only in 2014
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N47

Have you looked at i6 diesels

BMWHaus Guru

That is why I purchased from a dealer with 2 year warranty with option to extend.

When we were visiting dealers recently it became clear that right at this moment M Sport stock is limited and finding anything other than a 520d is near impossible. So while I would have preferred 6 cylinders it was not gonna happen just now. I am hoping with things picking a bit now in a few years this will have changed and more variety will be available.

BMWHaus Guru

Im keeping an eye on two series coupes (thinking about one for this time next year) at the moment, and ive yet to see anything other than 4 pot diesels

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Im keeping an eye on two series coupes (thinking about one for this time next year) at the moment, and ive yet to see anything other than 4 pot diesels
    Nice!!
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    This is actually quite common its just a late registered car you should go by the build date on the strut under the bonnet instead of the reg

As for when it was phased out according to wiki it was only in 2014
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N47

Have you looked at i6 diesels
    Thanks Gar, that's some insight! I think I can re-start my expedition again!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    That is why I purchased from a dealer with 2 year warranty with option to extend.

When we were visiting dealers recently it became clear that right at this moment M Sport stock is limited and finding anything other than a 520d is near impossible. So while I would have preferred 6 cylinders it was not gonna happen just now. I am hoping with things picking a bit now in a few years this will have changed and more variety will be available.
    Thanks Eddie. I agree the 2 year warranty is great!! I am planning to buy off a main dealer too!