I'd have the s2k all day long.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Mazda RX8 - Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    cheers John, will take a look at the Mazda 3
    Appologies.

They only have 250hp.

Heres one in a dealer

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306077175235/sort/default/usedcars/model/3/make/mazda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/bt366el/keywords/mps/radius/1500?logcode=p

BMWHaus Contributor

i had one tell him to run away far away

BMWHaus Guru

Disappointed that they are shit always thought they looked kind of cool. Would love to see a stanced modded one! Do people mod these or are they too busy fixing/rebuilding?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Disappointed that they are shit always thought they looked kind of cool. Would love to see a stanced modded one! Do people mod these or are they too busy fixing/rebuilding?
    They are not all bad, they drive well and can be got for nothing now, but mine was the low power model and did 16mpg combined which was aweful. At the time 230bhp in a hot hatch was massive....now ever 520d out there could beat it. The lack of torque show up my driving stills for the lazy slop they are, it just was not for me....

The pros are:
    1. Looks good.
    2. Good value.
    3. Nice bose audio.
    4. 4 doors.
    5. Later models are "relitivly reliable"

But for me it just wasn't a performance car, but had all the performance car headaches.

BMWHaus Contributor

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22626

my old one couldnt give it away in 2011 with engine trouble i had spent nearly 7 grand on two engines i got 1800 in the end :@

BMWHaus Contributor

Have to say, I always liked the look of them and still do. Neighbour of mine had one and spent as much of its life on a flatbed as it did on the road !!

BMWHaus Contributor

I have found the only people that defend them are people who still own them, and I have rose tinted glasses about my cars but the Rex was a bad purchase.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Moe
    I have found the only people that defend them are people who still own them, and I have rose tinted glasses about my cars but the Rex was a bad purchase.
    thats to justify the amount of money thats gone into them,

Quote Originally Posted by Moe

S2000 is a far better car in that bracket. The reason the Rx8 is so cheap is cause its a dog. Good handling means nothing with power. It uses nearly as much fuel as the e60 m5...seriously thats just not on.
    S2000 is class motor. Drove one many moons ago and it's got that lovely shove on, high in the rev range. And remember what His Holiness (Jesus) Clarkson said.... In x amount of vtec engines, not one has ever failed (I think that's what he said anyway )

RG