Girlfriend is looking to change her car shortly, currently has a 99 Yaris with high miles which will be traded in, its a typical girlfriends Yaris, hood caps missing, makes noises when you push it hard, notchy gearstick, bumps and scratches. Radio also jacked it in. paint is faded in certain parts. Lets not sugar coat it, its in a bad way, but it drives and doesn't break down.

Budget is 5K but I suppose with some haggling and the likelihood that I will prob contribute something I'd imagine we could look for cars for around the 6K mark. I'm imagining a trade in of around 750 - 1K will be offered on the Yaris. So 5K cash plus the Yaris.

She "needs" a 5 door because on the very rare occasion she has her niece or nephew in the back for possibly 20 minutes, both these being under 4 foot and happy go lucky kids would find it very hard to pull a chair back and hop in behind it, they would be disgusted if she only had three doors, so has to be a 5 door!!!! :huh:

It cant be red.

Has to 1.6 litre or less.

Petrol - as she would put petrol in it, im not even sure if she's aware that diesel is not petrol.

she likes the "silver wheels" aka alloys

So a Mini is out the window, which I would have pushed for, since looking for something fitting her strict criteria i've found myself really liking the look of the Suzuki Swift Sport, however they only appear to be three door, so once again, its a no go.

I'm struggling to find something that looks good, whats out there??

I've found a couple of Peugeot 207' that look quite good, any suggestions??

Thanks