Thread: E46 320d won't idle and asc and battery light on

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E46 320d won't idle and asc and battery light on

So went out to the car dis mornin to warm it up. It was a bit slow to start but still started no bother. Went out 10 to 15 mins later nd car wasn't running. Tried to start it but battery was dead. Jumped started it off the girlfriends car nd started no problem but once disconnected it ran for about a minute r so nd died again. Notice the asc and battery light nd 1 other light was on while it ran for that minute after the jump start. Car was driving perfect the day before but I had jumped started another car yesterday evening and hadn't driven it since but had started it bout 930 last nite to move to another Parking spot. I'm lost to wat the problem is all comments nd info appreciated

RE: E46 320d won't idle and asc and battery light on

Battery! These cold mornings are showing the true colours of many a BMW battery (and others of course). I'd guess the asc is a by-product of a weak battery. How old is it?

Tis a 2003 car haven't a clue how old the battery is only have it a few wk nd seems to b a ford battery in it of all things. I hate fords

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thetangerine
    I hate fords

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Quote Originally Posted by thetangerine
    I hate fords
    That's an oval!! :tounge:

BMWHaus Guru

My battery expired recently, before it totally died, the ASC lights were staying on for a second longer at start up than they should have. New battery and all sorted

So got home today car started 1st tip of the key nd ran for a minute. Took out the battery nd go it checked by the local auto factory nd battery was spot on
    [hr]
    So got home today car started 1st tip of the key nd ran for a minute. Took out the battery nd go it checked by the local auto factory nd battery was spot on
    [hr]
    So looks like a new Altenator will suss it out at the wkend. Heard it can b a pig of a job???might as well change the belts while I'm at it as they have seen better days. Any advice on wat make of Altenator to go for nd wat kinda price whould I b lookin at

So looks like a new Altenator will suss it out at the wkend. Heard it can b a pig of a job???might as well change the belts while I'm at it as they have seen better days. Any advice on wat make of Altenator to go for nd wat kinda price whould I b lookin at

Scottfreee3

I would get the alternator reconditioned. Costs about 100 Euro