Thread: E39 parts.

E39 parts.

Alright lads, just wondering can e39 m sport fog lenses and the plastic inserts for around the fogs be got new or would they have to be from a breakers or something?
    Also does anybody have the relevant part numbers...?
    Cheers

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 parts.

site sponsor super4 can get them.i bought a set from ebay,wouldnt advise it as they were shit quality ,the glass wasn't stuck in properly,had to take all apart and re glue them..buy it right the first time was my lesson..

BMWHaus Contributor

I find OTTO pretty good for E39 parts as well, Car Part Pros too.
    E39 525iA Sport - Sapphire Black - SOLD
    E39 528iT SE - Orient Blue - SOLD
    E39 540i/A Sport - Topaz Blue

Lads, I've decided that I'm going replacing the bulbs around the e39. Couple don't actually need to be done but my ocd gets the better of me but usually when I buy a car and one or two bulbs go I do the lot. I'm doing the headlights first as 1) drivers side blew and 2) light output from the e39 is shocking.
    Any suggestions as an upgrade bulb and best place to buy. I'm thinking osram? Also, stupid question but how do I change the fog light bulbs?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GazC
    Lads, I've decided that I'm going replacing the bulbs around the e39. Couple don't actually need to be done but my ocd gets the better of me but usually when I buy a car and one or two bulbs go I do the lot. I'm doing the headlights first as 1) drivers side blew and 2) light output from the e39 is shocking.
    Any suggestions as an upgrade bulb and best place to buy. I'm thinking osram? Also, stupid question but how do I change the fog light bulbs?
    I put Nightbreakers in mine a few weeks ago, noticeable improvement but they're still not great, it's just a think with E39's. Other option is to go HID.

The fog light bulbs ca be got at by removing 2 screws around the outside which connect the housing to the lower grill, the housing should then pull out and you'll be able to get at the bulb.
    E39 525iA Sport - Sapphire Black - SOLD
    E39 528iT SE - Orient Blue - SOLD
    E39 540i/A Sport - Topaz Blue