Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: threads on driver.

BMWHaus Guru

threads on driver.

Lads why are there so many of these comments and threads popping up over there from folk over here?

Is it an attack or what's the reasoning for it?

##edit###

I mention in only in the sense that it does not represent this site in a good light and may keep new members away.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: threads on driver.

David, theres more to it then anyone will know.

EDIT - And don't mix Detailing Shed up with BMWHaus, what you see over there is a reaction to what happened to us at Detailing Shed and has nothing to do with BMWHaus:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::exc lamation:.

Re: threads on driver.

Any publicity is good publicity they mention this site more then us there only doing us a favour

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Any publicity is good publicity they mention this site more then us there only doing us a favour
    Some friction is inevitable, its also hard for the mods not to take it personally.

BMWHaus Guru

threads on driver.

I just don't understand the loyalty to driver, who are they doing it for?

Re: threads on driver.

They shouldn't be taking it personal its only another site at the end of the day we needed a new home and one has been made for us

BMWHaus Guru

Folks, I'm not thinking about closing this thread as I don't like doing stuff like that, but I just want to say that I also don't really want this to turn into an "us vs them" thread. More stuff is going to end up getting said (on both sides) that will be regretted down the line

As Gar says, the setting up of Haus was never a personal thing, we thought and still think there was a requirement for it. Some people agree, some don't. That's all

BMWHaus Contributor

Agree 100% with Geoff.
    I've said this a few weeks ago and will say it again, I would have considered myself a major contributer to driver over the years( been there since 06') and I've seen the decline of the forum long before others and tried in vain to get it back on track but infairness it was a lost cause. There comes a time when you have to jump ship so I did, I've met a lot of good people over the years on driver and hopefully they will join us here.

I've now stopped posting on driver and will focus on haus instead, but I won't get pulled into a he said/she said keyboard battle. Let them post whetever shite they want and sensor whatever they don't.

Lads if your unhappy with the direction drivers taken stop contributing.

On a different note all the detailing shed stuff that's gone on over the last few weeks is just plain spiteful. Nothing else.

God loves everyone. Peace.

BMWHaus Contributor

I haven't a breeze what's going on really, do people get paid to be admins on Driver?? If not I don't see why they would want the hassle, seems like its a no win for them with hassle attached.

Don't see why there can't be two forums anyway, it prob was needed, driver seems to be getting very popular and has a lot of new people joining-which is good, but it becomes less personal as a result - again this is only normal, but then the new people can then find it clicky as the old reliables like buzzing off each other. I think it's just part of a website life cycle, especially one as successful as driver. It's not a bad thing to have a new site set up and started from scratch. Il continue posting on both until somebody makes me an admin and let's face it if Barts an admin now anything is possible only joking Bart

BMWHaus Contributor

Have been reading a few things over there that are making it hard to keep cool. But keeping it cool is what's needed. Nothing pisses off a bully like being ignored.