Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Wash in AGES!

Administrator

1st Wash in AGES!

On your Marks,
    Get Set
    Go!!

I'll post the results when Im done; but will only be a quick job!!

RE: 1st Wash in AGES!

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    but will only be a quick job!!
    Story of your life

Hurry up, a car very worthy of a little TLC on the oul paint. It looks great in it's original colour fella.

Administrator

Done!! Well, just needs to be dried!
    And had a cuppa...the auld fella felt he had to make me one as Id done his car first!!

Bit of protection applied too...picw amd videos to folow!

Administrator

I was beginning to think I needed a change of car, but knew there was nothing out there that would be of interest that's in the current budget....

...but after standing back; those silly ideas have been washed away, literally!!

It does need serious TLC; machine polish, paint in a few places as the dreaded rust is starting to appear, badly in one or two spots and it needs a front splash guards, but I think I'll go ahead and do the bits, and enjoy it for another year or two, when something interesting might be considered!

Proof I actually did the auld fella's car too!

It's a cracker Dave scrubbed up. Well worth the effort. Didn't realise the father had an LCI - good stuff! Congrats on the new extended house as well

Administrator

The dirty was fairly caked onto the auld girl!!

Not bad for just over an hours work....though, had all the gear ready, buckets filled, lance solution mixed and on the washer, wheel woolies and wheel cleaner were, at the ready!!

Snowfoamed with 50Cal Combat, which did a very good job of lifting the heavy caked on dirt
    While the snowfoam was dwelling, when at two wheels with the Woolies and Wheel Cleanse
    Rinse off the foam
    Cleaned the remaining two wheels
    Washed using the Two Bucket Method and tested 50Cal's Tracer Shampoo (coming soon)....new favourite, smells great, suds well and is really slick
    Rinse
    Coat in a fallout remover - no names, as was testing and didnt find it great, wont be stocked
    Rinsed
    No need to dry as CarPro HydrO2 is applied to wet panels. It is diluted down to 1 part product and 3 parts water (ideally deionised, but I used cooled boiled water), and did both my Dad's car and my own with 500ml of the mix!

This is the bonnet after the car had been washed down - safe to say that there is absolutely no protection on the car...so no trickery here!

Click to view the video...(may not work on mobile devices)

Here's it being applied...(sorry holding phone in one hand and product or power washer gun in the other doesnt lend itself to stable recording! )

Apply HydrO2 to a wet surface, one large panel or a wing and a door at a time is about the ideal area.
    Rinse off
    Do the whole car
    Quick rinse to ensure the product is washed off all panels as some gets washed onto the adjoining panel when rinsing off.
    Dry the car
    Stand back and admire!

1hr 10mins to wash, and apply the coating - should be good for about 3 months, @[rebel.ranter] might be able to give more feedback as he's been using it for a while now!
    I think you'll agree that, it is pretty handy product for someone who hasnt got much time. And if you havent got access to a hose, it could in fact be all done at a jet wash, if you could get a quiet period there.....no need for applicators, or microfiber cloths. Spray on, rinse off, drive away and the water would bead off the car, probably to bone dry!

Yeah @[ciars], she's a 325d Business Edition - made him buy it up north...hoping it might be a pass me down at some stage; those his previous car he had for 10 years. But only put 65k miles on it. Its a 2010 and just over 35k on it at the moment! So it'll be a grand car when he's changing! Also, thats his house - all my gear has been there since before we moved as we were between homes for 3 weeks! Pleny of space on his driveway too!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

OMG U washed out the stone and car park dint protection !!!

Administrator

Unfortunately, that's a myth...plenty of marks, chips and dints, since it was washed last!

BMWHaus Guru

Yep, I'm a big fan of HydrO2, as you saw Dave it is simple to use. If you have time to wash the car you have time to use this stuff. It does the wheels & tyres too!
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Administrator

When did you first apply it Mark? And how's it lasting?