Thread: E36 air bag

BMWHaus Guru

E36 air bag

Need to know how to turn off the airbag light in my e36 as I have removed the standard wheel and put in a m tech 2 wheel

I disconnected the module under the back seats. What else should I disconnect? Or just pull the bulb out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: E36 air bag

have battery out for at least 15 min too beforehand

BMWHaus Guru

E36 air bag

Shaun the airbag is already out and new wheel in but light still on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get it plugged in and reset. No smoke no poke done it for me. Fact module is disconnected would flash the light anyways

iv a standard steering wheel in my e36 and i have an msport steering wheel off one and it doesnt have and airbag, if i just take out the bulb out of the dash wud it still pass the nct cause iv the take out the clocks anyways to replace a blown bulb

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by e36damo
    iv a standard steering wheel in my e36 and i have an msport steering wheel off one and it doesnt have and airbag, if i just take out the bulb out of the dash wud it still pass the nct cause iv the take out the clocks anyways to replace a blown bulb
    I tried that before years ago and as far as I remember there's a secondary led as well as the bulb. So even if you take the bulb out there's still a faint light there

I would say it could be the squib ring that is after snapping had the same problem with my e36 when I fitted the m3 wheel. I didnt get it exactly centred when fitting and it broke, they can be got in a breaker yard for about €50. Get a diagnostic check done first just to be sure.