Thread: Speaker connectors with a small amount of wire.

BMWHaus Guru

Speaker connectors with a small amount of wire.

The front speakers in my original door cards are different to the speakers in the new door cards therefore the connectors are different. If anyone is breaking a 95 onwards e36 and has this type speaker, can you let me know as I need the 'male' side of the connectors for both front speakers and a section of wire!

Also my original connectors only have 2 wires where these new speakers have 3 prongs! Hard to see in the pictures though. Will they still work with just 2 wires? Only ever known speakers needing 2 wires anyway!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Speaker connectors with a small amount of wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    The front speakers in my original door cards are different to the speakers in the new door cards therefore the connectors are different. If anyone is breaking a 95 onwards e36 and has this type speaker, can you let me know as I need the 'male' side of the connectors for both front speakers and a section of wire!

Also my original connectors only have 2 wires where these new speakers have 3 prongs! Hard to see in the pictures though. Will they still work with just 2 wires? Only ever known speakers needing 2 wires anyway!

I know you're on a budget Paddy, but if i was you I'd replace them with an upgraded speaker. Its one thing you can tick off the list.

Can you not just swap the speakers though? I presume the diameter is the same.

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Speaker connectors with a small amount of wire.

The diameter is different! The original speakers are larger and I don't want to have to widen the bore in the new door cards just to fit them. Also the original connectors are bigger! This is the original speaker.......

Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    The diameter is different! The original speakers are larger and I don't want to have to widen the bore in the new door cards just to fit them. Also the original connectors are bigger! This is the original speaker.......

Jaysus I'd say you could hear Winston Churchill on that yoke

Ah fair enough Paddy, no help so

BMWHaus Guru

If I were to upgrade the speakers I assume I'd have to get speakers to suit a '95 coupe but how would I be sure that the connectors would match that's already in the car? And what speakers would I go for?

BMWHaus Guru

Would anyone even know how the opposite end of these connectors would be numbered so I can order the connector from BMW? I've looked on realOEM and haven't been able to find the 'male' side of the connector. The part number on the speaker only shows up for the speakers I have so the harness part is not part of the unit.

BMWHaus Guru

Big thanks to @[DavyC2] for sorting me out with these! Appreciate it big time! Can be locked up now! Thanks!