Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV / Broadband / Phone bundles

RE: TV / Briadband / Phone bundles

Regarding XBMC John, for the kids stuff (or any other for that matter), you can setup a shortcut from the main XBMC screen and it'll take you direct to your stream. I've got it setup here for the kids stuff. It's mother and baby proof

BMWHaus Guru

TV / Broadband / Phone bundles

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Regarding XBMC John, for the kids stuff (or any other for that matter), you can setup a shortcut from the main XBMC screen and it'll take you direct to your stream. I've got it setup here for the kids stuff. It's mother and baby proof
    Thanks, that sounds great. I'd better go look at the XBMC thread now

BMWHaus Guru

Just to complete this one I ended up having to stick with Eircom fibre as UPC don't have a supply where I live. At least the people in Eircom were helpful on the phone....

RE: TV / Broadband / Phone bundles

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Just to complete this one I ended up having to stick with Eircom fibre as UPC don't have a supply where I live. At least the people in Eircom were helpful on the phone....
    Welcome to the rural suburbs my area does not have UPC Horizon (thats a good thing going on the reports!!) - so no upgraded BB speeds either. Maxed out at 30Mb

BMWHaus Guru

whats funny is that I didn't notice any difference between my old 30mb and current 120mb connections in daily general use. its only when you are downloading large files and/or using multiple devices that you see the difference.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    whats funny is that I didn't notice any difference between my old 30mb and current 120mb connections in daily general use. its only when you are downloading large files and/or using multiple devices that you see the difference.
    Most of the time you're at the mercy of the wireless card, you're limited to 54Mbps in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    You hit the nail on the head there. A colleague of mine has a child with special needs, broadband is absolutely precious to them as he has specific applications that he uses on an iPad.

Sky offered them a deal on TV and broadband, previously they were with eircom for broadband and sky for tv. An unequivocal caveat was that there be no break in service.

Sure enough, the replacement router didn't arrive, I had a third party ADSL router that I wanted to configure but absolutely no one in Sky could tell me the PPPoA login, a really simple and fundamental piece of user information, absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    .... using multiple devices that you see the difference.
    Exactly! At any one time, there are 4 phones, 1 maybe 2 tablets, my work system and my home system consuming..and now an Android TV box!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave

Most of the time you're at the mercy of the wireless card, you're limited to 54Mbps in most cases.

House is wired with CAT6 in every room wired back to a central rack, where my switch and router are - I tend to use wired connections 99% of the time. Leaving WiFi for tablets/phones etc

BMWHaus Guru

Rang UPC last night, they are disabling the poxy modem in my Horizon box and sending me one that I can bridge. Doesnt cost any more and most importantly it doesnt renew my contract. If all else fails I can still bail out.