Thread: BMW E92 335i QUAIFE LSD install

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

BMW E92 335i QUAIFE LSD install

Ill post few photos and do write up about this upgrade so Peter could copy this to his own thread about his new toy :wink:

Car - BMW E92 335i automatic
    QUAIFE LSD unit
    Diff side shaft seals
    Mobil 1 75W90 fully synthetic gear oil
    Loctite 270 for crown gear bolts
    BMW gasket sealant for diff back cover and few hours of work

Diff removed from the car , only with help of "smallest" spanner in my garage , i believe in many others garages is one of the smallest as well :happy:
    IMG_1012.JPG
    Drained oil , removed side flanges , removed side seals , removed back cover ,removed side bearings and finally main dif part is out of the casing . Fully stripped out , removed all bearing parts .
    bolts cleaned of old Loctite and holes re threaded to make sure no dirt left inside . Diff back cover and diff inside fully cleaned out
    IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1024.JPG

refitted main crown gear, bolts tightened by BMW recommendations and with 270 Loctite. refitted side bearings on to new LSD unit and fitted it back in to main diff casing

IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1020.JPG IMG_1022.JPG

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: BMW E92 335i QUAIFE LSD install

IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1027.JPG

fitted tool to check crown wheel and pinion ring gear play , its recommended between 0.06 to 0.14 , I got 0.10 which is nice middle :wink:

IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1030.JPG

back cover and diff covered in BMW gasket sealant , got them both in one peace and ready to fit back in to the car .

IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1032.JPG

and my smallest spanner , 50mm :hehe!:
    IMG_1033.JPG

Diff is back in car , filled oil and did first test drive , lot corners to get LSD unit fully lubricated for perfect performance and main think its longer life . No other tricks needed , so thanks again for Your time reading this short story ,and best of motoring for Peter !

BMWHaus Guru

BMW E92 335i QUAIFE LSD install

Outstanding work as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaysus, that is some service indeed. Not only does he sort the car, he provides a write up for the project thread. Service with a smile. Stick that in yer pipe

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks a million again Valdas, fantastic service and will certainly be back for any future work I need done

Can't wait to hear how it drives! :-)