Thread: Which suspension for E46 325ci..

Which suspension for E46 325ci..

Hi Guys,

I'm gonna replace my shocks and springs in the next month or two and every evening I spend looking at various kits just confuses me further. So, I'm after some opinions and experience of the kits I'm looking at. I'm considering the following,

Bilstein B12 Sportline kit.
    Koni FSD H&R kit.
    Koni STRT H&R kit.
    BC Racing coilovers.

The coilovers are the most expensive option, based on one price I've had for them so far, but when I factor in Lemforder or Meyle top mounts which will be required for the other kits the difference isn't huge.

RE: Which suspension for E46 325ci..

What is the overall aim and what use will the car get?

Personally, I've driven E46's on standard, M-Sport, Eibach & H&R suspension. I'd go with Eibach for the look without compromising comfort/ride and H&R for better planted handling and the stance it gives - however there is a price on that. I'd describe this setup as 'firm but fair', a little trashy on poorly surfaced roads, but overall I was very happy with it. Car felt much more planted, giving confidence in corners. The missus preferred the Eibach to the H&R, describing the latter as too harsh, especially over speed bumps in daily use. That might give you a better indicator from an objective point of view, as I was a big fan of the H&R setup on the outgoing E46.

RE: Which suspension for E46 325ci..

Howdy,

Overall aim is to give the car what it deserves and improve stance, it won't be heading for the track. I've had sportlines before and have been very happy with them. This time I'm gonna be spending the best part of a grand one way or the other so there are a good few options open to me. I had more or less decided on the B12 kit but then someone waved the BCs in front of me and I find myself undecided again. I like the idea of the front camber adjustment on the coilovers as the main reason for this is the fact I cannot get the front camber to within tolerance at the moment. I reckon one of the struts is bent as the car has already had a considerable amount of suspension work done. If I go for the coilover or FSD kit the whole budget is gone in one lump but with the B12 or STRT kit there is some cash left over for some other bits.