Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

Question Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

Hopefully this is the right place for this, but has anyone else had any problems dealing with Mister-auto.ie?

I ordered a bunch of parts from them at the start of the month for the NCT, about €300 worth.
    48 hour delivery turned into a three week wait and when the package finally arrived, all the way from Belgium, they had swapped out some of the parts I ordered for another brands cheaper equivalent.

I contacted them to ask for a refund of the difference in price but simply got the response of
    "the parts were unavailable and were substituted for an equivalent function and value".

This seems a little bit rich to me. I'f I'd wanted the cheaper Febi parts I would have ordered them.

Has anyone else had similar dealings?

RE: Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

Used to use them a good bit a few years ago and they were very good, sent the ordered parts promptly but the last couple of orders they started that substitution lark and delivery became a joke so stopped using them altogether. Use micksgarage now and can't fault them for price or delivery.

BMWHaus Guru

Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

I use them from time to time, never any issues.

BMWHaus Guru

Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

Same here, they have Lemforder bits and that other suppliers don't have. Pleasant experience overall but usually 10 days.

Re: Mister-Auto.ie. Anyone else have problems?

Used to use them in the past a lot never any issues apart from long delivery times

But!! They screwed liam over (member here) on a pair of shocks sent him the wrong ones and then would not take them back or refund his money

Just on micksgarage they are probably the best online shop iv ever dealt with they will go above and beyond to help the customer everytime a lot of online and offline retailers could learn a lot from them shame they dont always stock the brands you want

At op id be seriously pissed about them swapping parts like that

Can you go after them under the trade act or something like ?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

used few times and I can say that every second time , delivery was too late or different brand parts was sent or not all of them in package at all ,very messy , I use only if very stuck or very good price and still need to fight

BMWHaus Guru

Used Mister-auto without any hassle loads of times - always quick delivery, have never had substituted brands. Was actually left far from impressed with Micksgarage last time I dealt with them - E36 indicator clearly didn't fit correctly and they kept bouncing it back to me to say there's a trick to fitting them (the trick being to use a mallet I guess). Think it largely comes down to the person you're dealing with at the company rather than the company itself.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    Used Mister-auto without any hassle loads of times - always quick delivery, have never had substituted brands. Was actually left far from impressed with Micksgarage last time I dealt with them - E36 indicator clearly didn't fit correctly and they kept bouncing it back to me to say there's a trick to fitting them (the trick being to use a mallet I guess). Think it largely comes down to the person you're dealing with at the company rather than the company itself.
    how would u mean dealing with somebody itself?? I deal with internet , I order online , I get all info what parts ill get and when I should get them . but of 4 bushes I get only two, I must make pictures , send them ,write emails to prove this and so on . if it says 3-4 days and get in 5-7 and they say , every time mostly same story,part wasn't available in their store . so maybe somebody should work quicker on their computers and in their stores , or im wrong?

I ordered ATE part, it was more expensive as TRW they had as well ,but I got TRW , send them email and they asked, I am sure its different part? so I said why I would bother to order more expensive part but would like to get cheaper one ,and again I must send pictures and to prove this
    same with bushes , ordered few of them ,half was missing .
    as far as I understand its different peoples sitting on computers and different working and collecting parts in stores , u cant deal with ones in stores for sure

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    how would u mean dealing with somebody itself??
    The computer isn't the one responding to your queries - its someone sitting there either being helpful or not helpful - or sending you an email to ask if you're sure its a different part. That said, I haven't had to return any parts - as I said all my orders have been fine, and delivered quickly.

Some people just have no clue about customer service - e.g. dealing with M&G parts is a delight if you're facing off with Ken, its a fecking disaster is Eamonn is sitting at the desk. Same company, different service.

Anyhow - fwiw - eurocarparts.com seem to be cheaper than mister-auto at the moment for most stuff.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

I understand if U rang and deal , so U know who U are talking with ,but not online service . I was most time disappointed , and every time I think 9 times to do order or not . and if didnt get parts in time ,or not correct ones, me and my customer is on hold as well