Thread: Diffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Diffs

Just looking for some info on getting a diff for the e36 it's still only running a 318is like and probly stayin in it till end of summer, im looking into getting a diff to fit it but don't no what to get or where to find one. Any one get one before? What ratio is best for daily driving too, don't want welded never liked a welded diff.!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Diffs

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=3684

I would be all over the 3.46 medium Case if it's still available great ratio for any e36 really, but revs will sit a big higher in 5th on the motorway.

The 318iS uses a small case though so you will need a few more bits, someone more knowledgeable will be able to advise what other specific parts you'll need.

BMWHaus Guru

Diffs

Rear subframe anyways would be needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    Rear subframe anyways would be needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Only need to change the subframe if youre putting an evo diff in it.

If putting the medium case in, youll need the back half of a 6cylinder prop and the bigger halfshafts. Its not a major job to change from small to medium case diff.

BMWHaus Contributor

Had a small case LSD in mine. Rare as anal these days. I sold it to venom. Best mod I done to the car but they ain't cheap. What you want a slippy for anyway ?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 2
    Had a small case LSD in mine. Rare as anal these days. I sold it to venom. Best mod I done to the car but they ain't cheap. What you want a slippy for anyway ?
    in the last week alone i was asked twice to sell it. 500 i said jokingly and i was asked could i give a couple of weeks so they could cash together. Place gone mad