Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upholstery

BMWHaus Guru

Upholstery

Lads, it's back to the drawing board here. Dropped my M-Cross pattern alcantara Vader driver's seat into Nolan's to get re-trimmed and re-trimmed again after not being happy with the end result. Anyway I ended up taking my money back as I again wasn't happy with the size and shaping of the bolster after repair. They also pulled the spare seat base I had, apart so that's now also ruined. Plus, they weren't too bothered about trying to help me out and get it right. I don't think I'm overly fussy here but all I wanted was the seat to be symmetrical and so on and they just couldn't understand that.

So, as above, I need to find an upholstery place that can 100% guarantee symmetrical finish on the seat bolster. I can live with a slightly off,shade of alcantara but I absolutely must have the bolsters of equal size and shape and dimensions. So who's out there other than Nolan autocare. I am willing to travel.

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

RE: Upholstery

I think the only way to get this would be to buy a new seat cushion then get it done are they still available ? I know the e39 ones are so they might be

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Upholstery

Not sure. That's pretty much all they said to me as well Gar but that was after both times they tried fixing them.

Serious pain i can imagine with all the back and forth give me a minute il try get you a part no.

BMWHaus Guru

Not sure. That's pretty much all they said to me as well Gar but that was after both times they tried fixing them.

I'd say they are available but can't understand how a professional company couldn't get the bolster looking original.

Iv no idea to be honest but here it is anyway part no.3 says ended but may be superceeded with a new number cab or keanes should be able to find out

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BG92&mospid=47433&btnr=52_2211& hg=52&fg=10

BMWHaus Guru

Cheers Gar. It's the base part no. 2 I need, but as you say it looks like it's ended. Would it be normal to change part numbers? Although I'd presume the new number would be listed with the old! Ah......head's wrecked!!

Yeh very common but if you contact bmw with the old number they will tell you if its still available or not

BMWHaus Contributor

Buy a second hand passenger sport seat and take the bolster out... no?

BMWHaus Guru

Think it's a different shape. Could be wrong though. I know the extended leg support part is completely different anyway, but looks like that can be got separate!