Thread: Best place for Car Audio equipment in ireland?

Best place for Car Audio equipment in ireland?

howdy folks,

where's the best place to buy in car audio systems and speakers etc in ireland ?

preferrably online, i don't mind going to UK or EU if i save loads but would prefer to keep the money in ireland if i can.

am a big fan of pioneer stuff so if they stock those would be a help

cheers

BMWHaus Guru

Best place for Car Audio equipment in ireland?

Mike in Germaniks

RE: Best place for Car Audio equipment in ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Mike in Germaniks
    thanks for the reply, just had a look, they seem to do only very pricey / top-end stuff with no pioneer.

thanks anyway

any other suggestions ?

BMWHaus Contributor

Depends on your budget, if it's the lower end of the market Halfords offer good value for money. I got all my stuff from UK worked out at least half price even when taking shipping and exchange rate into consideration.
    Type "carstereo.uk" into Google and try each each shop taking into account shipping costs (varies a lot between shops) , most have sales on a regular basis so what's good this week may not be the following.I fitted alpine gear excellent in.every way, I was always a fan of pioneer but the bluetooth capability on.some units didn't stream music so it ruled them out.

thanks,

i'm considering this pioneer double DIN unit with the Apple Carplay feature to completely integrate my phone on the road.

I'm not looking for competition grade or audiophile grade stuff, just a decent upgrade from the rather crappy factory speakers.

I'd happily spend €100 - €150 on a set of components for the front and the same on a set on 6.5" on the back.

I'm not bothered with a sub in the boot lol (i'm older and wiser now)

In saying all this, the car i bought already came with a Parrot Mki9200 which streams music over bluetooth but it just sounds a bit crappy on the factory speakers, the thing is that when you're using the parrot for streaming music, it then becomes your headunit, so it is doing the amplifying and i just wonder would be up to the job of powering nicer speakers?

BMWHaus Contributor

If it's not up to the job ditch it and use the cash to fund your new system. Either way you will be upgrading speakers so start there first. When it comes to the speakers spend your money on the fronts there the ones you will here, rears on a standard system are really only sound fillers or for back seat passengers. I am still using the cheapo paper oem rears on my car and even though I am the wrong side of 40 I have a sub in the boot which transforms the listening experience as every speaker is doing its proper job and not under pressure and to be honest volume levels are in fact lower,think of it as a small engined car screaming down the road at a 100mph as apposed to a big v8 doing the same 100mph effortless.