Quote Originally Posted by michael320
The upfront cost of opening a new test Centre is damn all to the operator, they don't build or own any of the buildings they use and I'd be fairly certain they don't own the testing equipment either. Really all your looking at is a few extra testers and the operating costs. Applus were already in contract when the NCT regs changed regarding the 10 year rule so at that stage the contract should have been revised to make sure extra facilities were put in place. The idea of 24hr testing is nothing more than a smoke screen, now they can accommodate more cars within the 4 week window but really, who's going to accept a 4am NCT when offered?
It would cost them to look at and evaluate the project and re-negotiate the contract for how many centers they are supposed to staff etc. Its all cost with no benefit, unless they re-negotiate how much they get paid from it but its extremely unlikely you could do that. If it was my company I wouldn't even entertain the idea of opening a new center either.

I think they are trying to minimize cost again, your entitled to a free test if you can't get one within 4 weeks. BUT if they offer you one and you refuse it your not entitled to a free test. They are covering themselves.