Thread: e36 wet floor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

e36 wet floor

just noticed the carpet in my coupe is wet front and back (not as bad at drivers foot well) any ideas? i noticed it last time i cleaned inside of car and thought it was just from having people in it on a very wet day but there still wet. ??

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e36 wet floor

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    just noticed the carpet in my coupe is wet front and back (not as bad at drivers foot well) any ideas? i noticed it last time i cleaned inside of car and thought it was just from having people in it on a very wet day but there still wet. ??

Possibly blocked drain channels by the boot and bonnet? Just a guess, heard the ones by scuttle panel at the bonnet can get blocked often enough with leaves etc.

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f17/1996-e36-318is-water-leak-fixed-t4738/

BMWHaus Guru

will check tomorrow id say the leak caused my problem with he abs ecu and last time with the body control module

Is there a sweet smell of it? Is it mostly passenger Side? If yes could be heater matrix blocked/leaking

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shaunokeeffe
    Is there a sweet smell of it? Is it mostly passenger Side? If yes could be heater matrix blocked/leaking
    nah 15k on it and coolant levels haven't budged a bit

Check the sunroof drain tubes theres one on each corner of the s/roof cartridge ?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by niallmc
    Check the sunroof drain tubes theres one on each corner of the s/roof cartridge ?
    where do these actually end? like where dos the water go? i know where they start because I've head the headliner down before

e36 wet floor

I think they run down behind the A-pillars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk