Thread: Lpt local property tax. So who has paid it?

BMWHaus Contributor

Lpt local property tax. So who has paid it?

Not me that's for sure.
    About 50,000 home owners are yet to pay.

I recived a cheeky letter the other day saying I owe 112e and they will contact my employer if I do not file within the next 7 days, sneeky thing is 112e only represents the last 6 months of 2013 with the amount due in January 14' rising to 225e plus the final amount can be adjusted +/- 15% as this is just an estimate.

I paid my tax in 2004, princely sum of 8,240e. Fucked if I'm gonna pay it again.

BMWHaus Guru

Lpt local property tax. So who has paid it?

I paid reluctantly, I felt it was better to pay it when I was ready rather than having it reefed from my payroll when I least expected it.
    I don't think there's any escaping this one tbh.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Lpt local property tax. So who has paid it?

No think your right John, no escaping unfortunately

Paid up to. There going to get it anyhow, and besides id rather be paying the tax on my valuation then there's!!!

I didn't pay the household charge, they're chasing me for it now and it's double what they were originally looking for. I've paid the LPT unfortunately, because much like the HHC it'll only become double if you don't comply and because its revenue collected now, they can take what they want at source. I hate it, and would've loved another way to give them shower the 1 finger.

Their evaluation was 3 brackets higher than what the house is worth - so I made that change. I've paid stamp duty twice, VAT on all building costs of this and the last house and now this shite along with water charges? Easy pickings lads, just like the motorist with my fuel thread yesterday for example :@

Hate to say I've 'complied'

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Lpt local property tax. So who has paid it?

Paid it, no point not, no escaping this one.

Sent from my Mobile Device using Tapatalk 2

Didn't pay the household charge, but taking on the taxman there is only one winner.
    Their valuation was a good bit out as well though, they really put the onus all onto the individual, bullshit IMO.
    Christ, we should let revenue take over the justice system and the banking enquiry !!

BMWHaus Guru

Paid, there's no avoiding it, why get caught for double?
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S