Thread: Airbag light reset.!?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Airbag light reset.!?

99 e36 trying to get it set for test have everything done but stuck with the airbag light that won't go off.. Steering wheel was removed before and the original is back on now, had it plugged in and it's reading the problem "driver side airbag" and it keeps coming on,. Anyone have a quick fix for this for me.? Can I bypass the light onto the Abs light so it will blink on start up and go off when the abs light goes off.? That's all I can think of and seems like my only option as far as I can see.??

RE: Airbag light reset.!?

Does the horn work ? Could be slip ring wiring damage

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah Gar the horn works away fine man just the light on the dash that's holding me back from test.

BMWHaus Guru

Airbag light reset.!?

Check the wiring at the seat belt receiver also.

BMWHaus Guru

Is the airbag plugged in at the steering wheel

BMWHaus Guru

Yeah what andy said, may be possible to solder the two wires together, if not get one off a breaker. Even if you fix the issue the light will remain on until you have the car plugged in and the light turned off. Other option is have it plugged in and turn of the light and it should not return unless the chairs are moved. Wont fix but you might get through the test that way

BMWHaus Contributor

Checked all connections seems to be okay visually,, is there any way to see if there's slip ring damage before I go to take if off again? Or will I go ahead and solder the wires differently and bypass the airbag light to make it blink.? Once I get it through test I can go and get it sorted for good then like.

BMWHaus Contributor

Went ahead and bypassed the light to solder it to the abs light just for test, brought it up today and only failed on rear brake line happy out get it sorted 2nro and drop it for test 2mro night, happy days