Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Garda crack down on bmws 2.0l on book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Garda crack down on bmws 2.0l on book

A friend has just rang me In shock. At half six there was a knock on the door. The gaurds seized his 530 (2.0l tax) told him the car is going for a psv and that 93 cars mainly bmws are to be investigated in the dublin region.

word of warning guys

RE: Garda crack down on bmws 2.0l on book

Was only a matter of time to be honest will see them all whipped down from dungdeal soon

Just out of curiousity did your mate have it on donedeal or was he stopped recently

Wondering how they found him thought crossed my mind that they were cross checking systems like insured as 3.0 taxed as a 2.0 etc but that sounds quite an exhaustive way of doing it

BMWHaus Contributor

That's it Gar. it doesn't affect me so not worried but the others should... ill have more on the story when a pal is on duty

Edit
    No it wasn't dd or has he been stopped. I've just ran a few quotes on donedeal. A few e60s and e39s pop up but not many.

BMWHaus Guru

About time

BMWHaus Guru

Can someone explain why if they are not public service vehicles? Also where would they get this information? Have the nct centers been keeping note? It's not possible to get addresses etc from car forums as a rule. I wonder if they are getting this from the nct centers how this conforms to the data protection act? I'd be asking where they got there info and also can they seize / impound a car on the suspicion of it? Would it not be more an issue for revenue? Or is this a follow on media grab from the welded issue? So many questions

Re: RE: Garda crack down on bmws 2.0l on book

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Can someone explain why if they are not public service vehicles? Also where would they get this information? Have the nct centers been keeping note? It's not possible to get addresses etc from car forums as a rule. I wonder if they are getting this from the nct centers how this conforms to the data protection act? I'd be asking where they got there info and also can they seize / impound a car on the suspicion of it? Would it not be more an issue for revenue? Or is this a follow on media grab from the welded issue? So many questions
    Its quite simple really for the majority of cars mainly 530d's

"Lift the bonnet" 6 cylinders instead of 4 caught , look at tax disc says 2.0 check ring insurance shows as 3.0

And lastly guards would not need your address the number plate would give all that away also adds like 2.0 on book is blatently admitting your aware of whats going on

Personally i couldn't care what people tax them as because its total robbery in ireland

But it will be interesting to see how it develops what happens and were it ends up

BMWHaus Contributor

Nct discs say 520i, 523i, 530d, 330d ect ect.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

they can see this in Shannon , they can get details of changed engines recorded in their system , it was just matter of time this would be sorted

BMWHaus Guru

Wonder where it leaves those with it insured and taxed wrong. "sure I'm not a mechanic and i bought it like that"