Thread: CarPro Fixer: Compound Polish

BMWHaus Guru

CarPro Fixer: Compound Polish

Used this stuff over the weekend. Well impressed with it as I tackled some of the the minor scratches and paint damage on the e63 M6.

http://www.detailingshed.com/machine-polishing/239-carpro-fixer-compound-polish.html?search_query=fixer&results=4

Recommended!
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Administrator

RE: CarPro Fixer: Compound Polish

Glad that it worked well for you Mark; and thanks for the recommendation!

Have you any pictures of how the M6 came up?

BMWHaus Guru

I should do a before & after. I tackled some very specific areas where there were bird dropping marks, scratches, badly touched up stone chips, etc. I tackled the shoulders of the rear wings too. I'll grab some shots if I get to some of the other panels tomorrow.

I did the rear shoulder area in this shot.

Actually one thing I meant to post was in relation to HydrO2, I gave the car a coat of it about 4 weeks ago as a quick job, however I only used tap water. I should have used de-ionized water. There were water spots on the car "protected" by the HydrO2! I had to use the machine polisher with the Fixer to remove the water spots. A warning to those using HydrO2, use de-ionized water.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

It really works

is this similar to gtechnics p1, as in can be used by hand or machine and one polish for all the different pads?

Administrator

I'm not exactly sure of the Gtechniq P1, but it sounds similar....one polish for various pads, but you'd need a finishing pad and polish to really refine the finish.

BMWHaus Guru

I used 3 different types of pad, a cutting one for areas that had damages, a compounding pad to do a go over all paint work, then a finishing pad for final go. Finished it off with some DoDo Juice Purple Haze, not fully captured in the photo.
    I've only done the passenger side for now, it takes a while!
    Current Garage: