Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E39 M5 Cam Chain Tensioner Replacement

E39 M5 Cam Chain Tensioner Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Wouldn't be the vanos thats making the noise would it ?
    I don't think it's the vanos based on some videos I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a garage outside Galway in Oranmore, I think it Fahys. I think they look after a lot of high powered cars. They would be worth a look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

That's the one Geoff, Tom Fahy. He has worked on lots of M's including a very nice M1.

BMWHaus Guru

Given that it might be Vanos related I'd probably give it to @[Valdelisbmw] he did a load of work on my old e36 m3 which I had been previously charged for.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by s50-touring

why would you thrust one mechanic over another
    Reputation and a proven track record.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by s50-touring

just remember john there's two side's to every story.....

why would you thrust one mechanic over another
    I agree 100% in most cases but this one is very simple. Things can go wrong for anyone, it's how they react when the chips are down that separates the men from the boys.

I trust Valdas and Conor for 1 simple reason, they both stand over their work

RE: E39 M5 Cam Chain Tensioner Replacement

Lads, as a result of a direct message to me personally today, I have no choice but to remove all such references, trading names or contact details from this site for a person(s) and a company. That is not a stamp of approval for the company, nor is it a recommendation, it certainly is not disbelieving claims and counter claims being made both on the forums and direct to me via PM either! It is simply keeping things clean, in order for the Haus to continue to exist. I'm sure you can all appreciate this.

By all means share your feedback, but do so with proof, or take it to PM's if you feel so strongly about it. I for one would appreciate it if someone took the time to give me good honest proven feedback. I am not taking sides, nor am I being over dramatic. I am however trying my best to look after the best interests of the site itself.

Finally, without naming names, I'd ask the certain few individuals who infrequently particiapte on the site to refrain from stirring stuff up when you do bother your arse in visting and contributing.

RE: E39 M5 Cam Chain Tensioner Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Lads, as a result of a direct message to me personally today, I have no choice but to remove all such references, trading names or contact details from this site for a person(s) and a company. That is not a stamp of approval for the company, nor is it a recommendation, it certainly is not disbelieving claims and counter claims being made both on the forums and direct to me via PM either! It is simply keeping things clean, in order for the Haus to continue to exist. I'm sure you can all appreciate this.

By all means share your feedback, but do so with proof, or take it to PM's if you feel so strongly about it. I for one would appreciate it if someone took the time to give me good honest proven feedback. I am not taking sides, nor am I being over dramatic. I am however trying my best to look after the best interests of the site itself.

Finally, without naming names, I'd ask the certain few individuals who infrequently particiapte on the site to refrain from stirring stuff up when you do bother your a*** in visting and contributing.
    Ok thanks for that. I have been in touch with Valdas as recommended and hope to get him the car in the coming weeks. Thanks for the help.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TomTom
    Quote Originally Posted by ciars

Finally, without naming names, I'd ask the certain few individuals who infrequently particiapte on the site to refrain from stirring stuff up when you do bother your a*** in visting and contributing.
    Ok thanks for that. I have been in touch with Valdas as recommended and hope to get him the car in the coming weeks. Thanks for the help.
    Glad to hear you've arrived at a positive outcome