Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e36 induction kit??

RE: e36 induction kit??

Quote Originally Posted by shaunokeeffe
    Quote Originally Posted by satumashirt611
    super4 do a green filter that fit in the normal airbox,gives more noise and a little bit more go maybe,feels better anyway in my car.worth a shot,
    agreed. Ive had numerous e36s and had power losses in them with various induction kits compared to standard airbox. Noticable gain in an e36 ive loan of with the green filter compared to standard
    Would you really get much power loss ?

its noticable alright. Id notice it in top end speed and petrol consumption

BMWHaus Guru

I've one fitted with heat shield on the 328, nothing scientific but i wouldnt say ive experienced any power loss. But i did install it with my m fiddy manifold

It sounds great but you'll be kidding youself if you think it will give you any noticeable power gains

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    I've one fitted with heat shield on the 328, nothing scientific but i wouldnt say ive experienced any power loss. But i did install it with my m fiddy manifold

It sounds great but you'll be kidding youself if you think it will give you any noticeable power gains
    I no i wont get power gains but it looks the part in the engine bay where did you buy your one

BMWHaus Guru

What ever you choose just be sure to avoid heat soak and air leaks. Also ITB's or go home!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Hi Gar,

There are a few options out there for air filters and inductions kits, I use (and always have used) GREEN Performance air filters for direct replacement in the factory air box. I have found them to be more free flowing that K&N and there is a notable difference in throttle response. Induction kit wise there are a few options like the Simota carbon fibre encased induction kit, the Dbilas flow master and then the options of building your own with GREEN Performance.

I have driven a few cars with the Simota kits and sold a few of these I have to say they sound intoxicating and certainly look the part in the engine bay. They have a carbon fibre heat shield around them and sit very close to the back of the passenger headlamp reducing the amount of heat soak with the likes of open filters. PM me your email address if any of the above are of interest and I can send images and pricing etc.

Hope this helps,

Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Super4
    Hi Gar,

There are a few options out there for air filters and inductions kits, I use (and always have used) GREEN Performance air filters for direct replacement in the factory air box. I have found them to be more free flowing that K&N and there is a notable difference in throttle response. Induction kit wise there are a few options like the Simota carbon fibre encased induction kit, the Dbilas flow master and then the options of building your own with GREEN Performance.

I have driven a few cars with the Simota kits and sold a few of these I have to say they sound intoxicating and certainly look the part in the engine bay. They have a carbon fibre heat shield around them and sit very close to the back of the passenger headlamp reducing the amount of heat soak with the likes of open filters. PM me your email address if any of the above are of interest and I can send images and pricing etc.

Hope this helps,

Cab

That would be great ill pm you now