Thread: nct sh1t a bit of a rant and looking for some advise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

nct sh1t a bit of a rant and looking for some advise

Long story short. Nct due April 14. Tried to book appointment early February but had to go on a cancellation list got a new appointment for 3 April trouble is I am out of the country and had to cancel it (3weeks ago). Just got the latest appointment today for April 18 which is passed my current expiry. Rang today and their answer was if I get stopped I "should be ok " as i have a text for a booking. Just wondering if I got stopped by the right guard would "should be ok "be enough or could i be looking at points and a fine.
    The other question is if it fails and I have to get work done what then
    Is there anything I can do bar ringing every hour looking for a cancellation.
    Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

RE: nct sh1t a bit of a rant and looking for some advise

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Long story short. Nct due April 14. Tried to book appointment early February but had to go on a cancellation list got a new appointment for 3 April trouble is I am out of the country and had to cancel it (3weeks ago). Just got the latest appointment today for April 18 which is passed my current expiry. Rang today and their answer was if I get stopped I "should be ok " as i have a text for a booking. Just wondering if I got stopped by the right guard would "should be ok "be enough or could i be looking at points and a fine.
    The other question is if it fails and I have to get work done what then
    Is there anything I can do bar ringing every hour looking for a cancellation.
    Cheers
    they now provide a 24 hour test service as a direct result of issues like this

BMWHaus Contributor

24 hour makes no difference whether I go to Limerick or Ennis 18 April is soonest

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

by the law , u must and can book NCT 3 month in advance before it will finish . so any driving without nct is no good. but all depends on guard .and if its only month or two finished im sure u will get away .

BMWHaus Guru

nct sh1t a bit of a rant and looking for some advise

Right now there are Nct appointments availabile for April 2nd in Northpoint 1&2 and in font hill. Abbeyfeale has them for April 5th

BMWHaus Contributor

How do you know when there are free slots, is there a way of checking on line yourself instead of rining all the time.
    Those days don't suit as i am away for the first 2 weeks of April

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    How do you know when there are free slots, is there a way of checking on line yourself instead of rining all the time.
    Those days don't suit as i am away for the first 2 weeks of April
    I just log in using the details of a car that needs an nct and have a look around.

If u keep ringing ever half hour u will get a slot i got a test and a retest done in 5 days so i could get a 2 year nct on an 05 car late last year

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by xr125
    If u keep ringing ever half hour u will get a slot i got a test and a retest done in 5 days so i could get a 2 year nct on an 05 car late last year
    Cheers I was thinking along those lines but I thought I might get reported, but if works might spend some time on Monday being a bit more of a nuisance than usual:wink: