Thread: Fitting bucket seats

BMWHaus Contributor

Fitting bucket seats

Okay lads I'm after getting hold of a new set of bride bucket seats (reps) and a set of sparco seat bases specific for e36/46.. Just only question is when I'm swapping out the seats will the seat belt receiver be able to transfer over to the new seats.? Haven't got the car at the moment so can't really have a look to line things up (99 e36 coupe).. And will I need anything else for the install?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Fitting bucket seats

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    Okay lads I'm after getting hold of a new set of bride bucket seats (reps) and a set of sparco seat bases specific for e36/46.. Just only question is when I'm swapping out the seats will the seat belt receiver be able to transfer over to the new seats.? Haven't got the car at the moment so can't really have a look to line things up (99 e36 coupe).. And will I need anything else for the install?
    pictures of the seats you intend to put in? As a facelift car you have the pre tensioner with the explosive charge so airbag lights may become an issue. I'd pm super4 as he has had and is putting in similar

BMWHaus Contributor

I used e30 receivers. No pre tensioner no messing about just bolt on

BMWHaus Contributor

Forgot to reply my bad.. Got the job done anyways was abit of work but happy with the way it turned out going for a drift spec kind of look for the summer with the brides and harnesses,, don't no what to make of the harasses but the missus said to keep them so I suppose itl keep her happy somebit haha..
    Attached Images Attached Images

any pics of how you fit them?

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the harnesses might be mounted too low at the rear. They need to be as close to 90 degrees as possible, so you might need a proper harness bar. The results of having a tip with incorrectly mounted harnesses can be extremely dangerous, you're much better off using the standard three point belts.

BMWHaus Contributor

Oh I don't use them man there just mounted to the rear buckle points like And then onto the floor pan bolts on the seat, just there for the look really, I just still use the original belt like..