Thread: dip stick tube O ring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dip stick tube O ring

Anyone know the correct way of replacing this?
    I read somewhere about putting the ring in first. Didn't work, made shiet of two rings. And other way of slipping the ring on the tube first. Not going to we'll so far either. Would it be achievable by putting some RTV sealant on the tube?
    Many thanks.
    M54 b22 e39

RE: dip stick tube O ring

I replaced it on 530i by slipping the o ring to dipstick tube first and then pushing the tube in. It required bit of force to pop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by mcung13
    I replaced it on 530i by slipping the o ring to dipstick tube first and then pushing the tube in. It required bit of force to pop it in.
    Just on the very end of the tube? And is it just bolt further up the tube that secures it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.burns
    Quote Originally Posted by mcung13
    Just on the very end of the tube? And is it just bolt further up the tube that secures it?
    Not at the end of the tube, but at the ridge. Make it properly oily tough. You will feel it when it pops in place.
    I spent some time trying different ways to get it in, but this way worked for me.
    And yes, only one bolt secures the dipstick tube.