Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Recall on 2 Ltr Diesel timing chains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: Recall on 2 Ltr Diesel timing chains

Quote Originally Posted by DrTurkTurkelton
    Hey guys, just an update. Was talking to the lady I have been dealing with in M&G this morning and BMW are covering it for me. Car is booked in for mid august so hopefully this means other people will be covered as well.
    Thats good news - my brother got a call to say his is being covered too.

The whole thing seems to be a PR disaster. BMW's left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing at times.

What sort of service history do you need to apply for the QE check, does it have to be a full BMW history. I have a 2008 which has a BMW service until 2012, covered by the service inclusive pack. Since then it has been a private mechanic that has looked after it though I have receipts etc to show it's been serviced very 8k.

Since it's a late 2007 build and 2008 reg I would imagine it could be covered though it's not showing any signs of issues so far ( touch wood ). It has small mileage though of 58k so would be interesting to see what they would say if they checked it.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by declan_8
    What sort of service history do you need to apply for the QE check, does it have to be a full BMW history. I have a 2008 which has a BMW service until 2012, covered by the service inclusive pack. Since then it has been a private mechanic that has looked after it though I have receipts etc to show it's been serviced very 8k.

Since it's a late 2007 build and 2008 reg I would imagine it could be covered though it's not showing any signs of issues so far ( touch wood ). It has small mileage though of 58k so would be interesting to see what they would say if they checked it.
    The QE check is free irrespective of mileage and history.
    The good will is based on your history.

I had our 08 with dealer till 2010 and independent since fully covered by BMW.

Also the mileage is irrelevant too, ours has 115km and was covered, my mams old 09 car had 26k this year and was showing signs of loosening too.

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    Quote Originally Posted by declan_8

The QE check is free irrespective of mileage and history.
    The good will is based on your history.

I had our 08 with dealer till 2010 and independent since fully covered by BMW.

Also the mileage is irrelevant too, ours has 115km and was covered, my mams old 09 car had 26k this year and was showing signs of loosening too.

M&G told me €80 for the check.

Hey guys, just to update. My car was left in last Thursday morning and returned on Saturday morning with the chain changed at no cost.
    Hope everyone else can get sorted as well.

Rang Conlans in Limerick to see if my Car was covered and they said it was. Bringing it in next Wednesday.

Brought the car in today. They just replaced the tensioner,they said they checked the chains and they were ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    Brought the car in today. They just replaced the tensioner,they said they checked the chains and they were ok.
    Shane, did you have to specifically request that receipt/invoice/jobcard?

I had my car in to Bolands in Waterford for the QE. They tell me the work has been done, but I have nothing in writing to confirm this. I have requested some sort of paperwork from both Bolands and BMW Ireland, but to no avail!

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhennebry
    Quote Originally Posted by shane55
    Shane, did you have to specifically request that receipt/invoice/jobcard?

I had my car in to Bolands in Waterford for the QE. They tell me the work has been done, but I have nothing in writing to confirm this. I have requested some sort of paperwork from both Bolands and BMW Ireland, but to no avail!
    No they just gave me the paperwork, didn't ask for it