Thread: Advice for new car

BMWHaus Contributor

Advice for new car

Hi Dave,
    I am in the process of getting a new car (really extravagant for me) and I would like some advice on products... The car will be carbon black and white leather.

I have a ton on products already, and am looking for some direction on the key stuff needed.
    1) interior. I have Dr.leather cleaner. Thinking of getting dye transfer product, as have seen lots of good reviews. What do you recommend ? How/when should I use these ?
    2) re the black carbon, any sealants / waxes you would recommend ?
    3) new car treatments, as I am not going with the dealer recommended 300e package, what would you suggest here ?

Thanks, MM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator

RE: Advice for new car

Hi Maurice,

Sorry for the slight delay in reply, wanted to do it on a PC rather than the phone!
    Hope the purchase goes well for you - is it the F10 you are going for? Nice colour combo!

1) Definitely go with the Dr. Leather Dye Block - this will keep the leather very well protected - as you know, white will be hard to keep and this will help a lot. You will still get colour transfer, but this will help limit it, but the key is, it is totally safe to use the Dr.Leather cleaner you already have, on it after application, and due to the dye block, it will be way easier to refresh the leather - a quick clean will do it, as opposed to a deep clean.

2) well this is kind of made redundant due to #3

3) If you are thinking of going down the line of a permanent coating, there will be no need for sealants or waxes. You will need the likes of the maintenance products - the specific shampoos and quick detailers / gloss enhancing sprays, those kind of products that are designed to get he most out of the coating. You should be looking at the likes of CarPro Cquartz, Gtechniq, etc, those kind of coatings, and if you are a bit unsure of your own skills, I'd look at having them professionally applied. As if they go wrong, they'll need machine polishing to remove any blemishes! Well worth getting done - if taken care of with the ring products, two years protection is possible; protected, easy care, looks great, scratch resistance, low maintenance, etc

BMWHaus Contributor

Advice for new car

Thanks Dave,
    Re (1), Will get on and order the Dr.Leather stuff.
    Re (3), I don't think I would tackle this myself. Can you give me some recommendations. PM is fine too.

Thanks, Maurice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk