Thread: e92 335i tyre size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

e92 335i tyre size

I'm looking to ditch the RFTs and was pricing up some replacements. It would seem Michelin Super Sports are the way to go. The only problem being is they don't make them in 255/35R18 which is the oem rear size for mine(18" oem 5 spoke alloy)

Instead of getting

225/40R18 fronts
    255/35R18 rears

If I were to get

225/40R18 fronts
    265/35R18 rears

Would there be any issue with fitment or performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: e92 335i tyre size

image.jpgDon't want to through a spanner in the works but I have pilot sports on the F30 and put a set of these Hankooks on the 335d and think there a great tyre

BMWHaus Contributor

e92 335i tyre size

Have heard good things about those, also the Uniroyal rainsport 3s.

On my list I had
    Conti sport contact 5
    Michelin supersport
    Michelin PS3
    Goodyear Asymetric 2
    Uniroyal Rainsport 3

The problem with online tyre reviews is everyone has mixed bag of reviews from people who say they are the best tyre ever to people that say they are always spinning up :/

BMWHaus Guru

e92 335i tyre size

That's the same list I had for the 530i. The 2014 Evo tyre review settled it for me and I went for PS3s as ContiSportContact5s didn't come in the right size and the relatively poor result for the Pirellis and Goodyears for comfort ruled them out
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2014-EVO-Max-Performance-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah, the only reason I'm hesitant about the PS3 is that they are around few years and the true successor to the PS2 is actually the PSS. The CS5s are as new as the PSS, Discount tyres in blanch are going to call me tomorrow with a price for them, so they are a strong contender too.

BMWHaus Guru

e92 335i tyre size

Try Autodepot.ie too. I'd never used them till recently and found them very good to deal with.
    If you can get CS5s in the right size Id just go with them, I think they're a smashing tyre

BMWHaus Contributor

Ordered the set of CS5s from Oponeo for €552 with free delivery, slightly cheaper than camskill and over €200 cheaper than local places. Will have to get the fathers Octavia estate to cart them down to Scullys to fit them :happy:

Looking forward to ditching these Bridgestone RTFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk
    Ordered the set of CS5s from Oponeo for €552 with free delivery, slightly cheaper than camskill and over €200 cheaper than local places. Will have to get the fathers Octavia estate to cart them down to Scullys to fit them :happy:

Christ I paid 420 for two rears, balancing and laser alignment at Tyre Land in Swords last week

BMWHaus Contributor

e92 335i tyre size

Quote Originally Posted by blanc
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisk

Christ I paid 420 for two rears, balancing and laser alignment at Tyre Land in Swords last week
    Some serious savings to be made online but you do have the hassle of lugging the tyres around to a select few fitters who will actually fit them for you.