Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: E34 M5 3.6

BMWHaus Guru

E34 M5 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    I drove it a few years ago when AC cars were selling it.
    That's where I remember it from.
    It'll be great for it to get the tlc it deserves

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E34 M5 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Bayerische
    Well done,

What are your plans for it?

Good to see this car hopefully receiving some proper TLC.

I think this is quite a significant Irish BMW, as it was probably the very first M5 sold new in Ireland, as no E28 M5's were imported new into Ireland.

The reg plate is fantastic.
    There is a e28 m5 up the road from me. It's the guys daily drive. He has had it since new. Henna Red. Even on the old reg plate system - ends in DLI which some of you may remember. LI was the old Westmeath reg plate

BMWHaus Guru

E34 M5 3.6

Ah yes I knew I recalled you telling me about that E28 years ago Eamo. So cool, you have to get the full reg no. The interior in your new car came from 91D22222 afaik another Irish M5 that unfortunately went to the garage in the sky.

BMWHaus Guru

Very interesting.

Are you sure?, Henna red was not an E28 M5 colour, perhaps it's Zinnober red. Henna Red was a South African E28 M5 DC98 colour of which 96 were built, but none of those were sold new in Ireland as they were all delivered new to South Africa.

All of the 187 RHD DC92 E28 M5's have been accounted for.

184 went through BMW GB, 2 cars were sold new in New Zealand and 1 remaining car chassis 150 was not imported by BMW GB but was PDi checked in the UK, so that one is a bit of a mystery but it is Cirrus Blue.

Perhaps it was imported from the UK into Ireland when it was less than a year old.

If you can find more info on this car I would love to hear it, PM me if you want.

I still think that 90 WW 5 is the very first M5 delivered brand new through Motor Import Ltd into Ireland.

BMWHaus Guru

Well done Eamo. Great result. Looking forward to hearing the updates on progress.

91d22222 - that rings a bell. Did Fr Ted break that? Not sure if I'm right in thinking that was Kevin Barry's car at some point?

BMWHaus Guru

E34 M5 3.6

Right and right Diarmuid.

BMWHaus Guru

E34 M5 3.6

Just to bore you all a little more, got this from a older car dealer with a good memory. Shows my own memory wasn't too bad:

"94w5 was owned by a guy on Waterford Kilkenny border,they ran a leather tannery and meat export business...yellow would be correct.one of them a partner in Treasury Holdings...he has a Maybach 63 ....91d22222 ...Joe Duffys new"

BMWHaus Guru

The Maybach was probably owned by Johnny Ronan (Treasury). Incidentally, he was also an owner of the 89D reg Ferrari 412i that was auctioned in the UK a few weeks ago.

BMWHaus Contributor

Excellent! I remember when that was for sale by a member and it was great value!

Well wear and get some pics up.